Hypothetical question for a once in a blue moon possibility

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BrownBrokeDown, Aug 20, 2014.

1. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

So, last night while I was picking off waiting for my tcd 30 days to start, I came up with a scenario and would like some thoughts. I know some drivers that hit their 60 hr weeks last peak. Say if you come in Thursday evening knowing you won't have a full 8 hrs for Friday, and you let your on-car know this. They tell you to come in on Friday and work what you can legally work. So you work your 4 to 7.99 hrs on Friday, do they have to pay you your guarenteed 8? Mo money, mo money, mo money.
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

3. BrownBrokeDown

heh, heh. I know this probably won't affect me for a very long time, but you gotta love every time there is a chance to bend management over instead of the other way around.
  4. undies

undies Active Member

Wow, I never thought of that. I was usually so happy to get an early Friday...damn!
  5. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

They will try to get you to agree to take actual, but you are guaranteed 8, if you don't agree to less.
  6. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

If you know you've got three DOT hours left and management wants you to come in and be available anyway, should you notify them beforehand that you will be getting your guaranteed eight?

Just a philosophical question more than anything...I personally would, because it may allow a Friday or X day off ;)
  7. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

I'm sure the conversation will go something like this... "Sure you'll be a package donkey for 4 hours then be in the hub unloading trailers for the remainder of your 4 hours

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

How about on a Saturday with no sort (peak)? Push a broom!! Honestly, I'd be happy with that.

They actually had me pushing a broom on Saturday AM's to get my 40 hours.
  9. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

And having a pt supervisor screaming out your inflated ego.
  10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

11. BrownBrokeDown

That would probably depend on the hub. My hub is basically empty from 12 to 2:30ish, lol. Push a broom for a couple of hours and maybe unload 2 trucks for the next couple. hehheh, yeah I'd take it.
  12. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

They will pay you 8 but it will show something besides on road so they don't get dinged.
  13. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

14. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I have never seen a driver run out of hours in all my years. Some had to be off in 8 or 9, but never less than that.
  16. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

As a preloader/TCD I routinely ran out of hours. They would still send me out of Friday knowing they would have to come get me when I ran out.