Hypothetical question for a once in a blue moon possibility

BrownBrokeDown

So, last night while I was picking off waiting for my tcd 30 days to start, I came up with a scenario and would like some thoughts. I know some drivers that hit their 60 hr weeks last peak. Say if you come in Thursday evening knowing you won't have a full 8 hrs for Friday, and you let your on-car know this. They tell you to come in on Friday and work what you can legally work. So you work your 4 to 7.99 hrs on Friday, do they have to pay you your guarenteed 8? Mo money, mo money, mo money.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you know you've got three DOT hours left and management wants you to come in and be available anyway, should you notify them beforehand that you will be getting your guaranteed eight?

Just a philosophical question more than anything...I personally would, because it may allow a Friday or X day off ;)

UPS4Life

If you know you've got three DOT hours left and management wants you to come in and be available anyway, should you notify them beforehand that you will be getting your guaranteed eight?

Just a philosophical question more than anything...I personally would, because it may allow a Friday or X day off ;)
I'm sure the conversation will go something like this... "Sure you'll be a package donkey for 4 hours then be in the hub unloading trailers for the remainder of your 4 hours

Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm sure the conversation will go something like this... "Sure you'll be a package donkey for 4 hours then be in the hub unloading trailers for the remainder of your 4 hours

Sent using BrownCafe App
How about on a Saturday with no sort (peak)? Push a broom!! Honestly, I'd be happy with that.

They actually had me pushing a broom on Saturday AM's to get my 40 hours.

BrownBrokeDown

Sent using BrownCafe App
That would probably depend on the hub. My hub is basically empty from 12 to 2:30ish, lol. Push a broom for a couple of hours and maybe unload 2 trucks for the next couple. hehheh, yeah I'd take it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have never seen a driver run out of hours in all my years. Some had to be off in 8 or 9, but never less than that.

govols019

You smell that?
As a preloader/TCD I routinely ran out of hours. They would still send me out of Friday knowing they would have to come get me when I ran out.