hypothetical question

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd only count on 60% of that pension, or whatever the most that can be cut. Your pension is in bad shape, and will be inevitable that it gets cut drastically. May have to work longer than expected

The pension is just one part of my overall retirement plan. I would be lying if I were to say that it was not a major part but a reduction would not be crippling. I have no plans to work beyond 7/1/18.

upschuck

The pension is just one part of my overall retirement plan. I would be lying if I were to say that it was not a major part but a reduction would not be crippling. I have no plans to work beyond 7/1/18.
As long as you can live happily on the lesser percentage, then I wish you the best

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Isn't it like 50-60% or so funded? They will cut it long before it goes bankrupt.

My personal hope is that UPS will buy their way out, much like they did in CS and New England.

The problem we have is there are retirees drawing $7K/month (or more) pensions. There is no way that this is sustainable.

As I said, the pension is just one part of my overall retirement portfolio.

Sorry if that was suppose to be serious, but that has me cracked up.

Let's hope the mods share your sense of humor.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All Ive was saying was to don't think that this is not going to effect you, show a little concern for you, and you took it as going over the line? I don't think so, my posts were more intrusive than his were.
My pension is in the same boat. I threw away Pipedream A...now I'm working on plan B.

At least I'm being realistic.

I'll be dammed if you think I'm going to be saying "would you like fries with that"

I'll slug it out another year or two if need be.

upschuck

My pension is in the same boat. I threw away Pipedream A...now I'm working on plan B.

At least I'm being realistic.

I'll be dammed if you think I'm going to be saying "would you like fries with that"

I'll slug it out another year or two if need be.
You'll be saying, "I need to measure your inseam, please".