Hypothetical ?

Grey

If there's a workday in which the volume is heavily diminished (missed train or semi-Holliday, etc) and every single driver wants their guaranteed 8 then how would it work? It would never happen because most accept the day off if offered but was just wondering...

Overpaid Union Thug

If there's a workday in which the volume is heavily diminished (missed train or semi-Holliday, etc) and every single driver wants their guaranteed 8 then how would it work? It would never happen because most accept the day off if offered but was just wondering...
Depends on the building and what work is available. It might come down to having a bunch of well paid janitors. Hubs might make them work noonday/twilght. Realistically some should be able to bump air drivers and combine that with inside work.

Grey

Depends on the building and what work is available. It might come down to having a bunch of well paid janitors. Hubs might make them work noonday/twilght. Realistically some should be able to bump air drivers and combine that with inside work.

If they make you pick up trash can you go from trash can to trash can in the order you want?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Light work for everybody!

Like others have said, though it'll never happen. Too many guys will take a dead day rather than demand their 8

reginald95

In my center they just cut routes and send the drivers of those routes home. They also call the top seniority guys if they want the day off.

Packmule

Around here they only allow 2 8hr requests in one day. They would build up what they need, offering the work by seniority, and lay off everybody else.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
During the ATL ice storm thing a couple years ago they called everyone in that could come in. Before work they told everyone that they could 05 but those that wanted 8 may have to work in the building. Needless to say out of 100ish drivers 40ish showed, of those 40, I was the only one to demand 8.

O

OLDMAN3

I demanded 8 in a bad snowstorm (less than 10% of drivers showed up).
I was the only driver sent out that day because I demanded 8, and the snow was so bad.
Delivered 4 stops...
Got completely stuck and waited 6 hours for a tow.
Punched out in 8 hours and change.

O

OLDMAN3

Was it worth it '?
I'd rather of burned the day and relaxed at home !
4 stops and paid for 8 hours.
I waited for the tow inside a sports bar/ restaurant.
My manager was a jerk, worth it just to make his blood boil.
So watching sports at the bar while getting paid...priceless.