I-9 Verification

dragracer66

Grieve all you like, you will just be wasting your time and paper. The guidelines from the Department of Homeland Security regarding the I-9 verfications are very clear and you WILL NOT be paid for your time completing it. This re-verification process is larger than UPS or the Teamsters. All companies that have any type of contracts or sub-contracts with the Feds will have to re-verify the I-9s for their employees as well. Oh, btw, the consequences for not completing the I-9 will lead to termination.
Spoken like a typical suit. Shooting off your mouth without any knowledge..... Wrong!!! You are paid for it. Anything that the company needs from its employees like( any ramp, hazmat, yard, driving, pee test) they are required to pay for, check the contracts hr suit!! The only thing thats not paid for is the dot recert because it's done off property. And like in my contract if we are there more than 1.5 hrs we go on the clock. And yes we all were paid for it!!!!!

UPSSOCKS

Spoken like a typical suit. Shooting off your mouth without any knowledge..... Wrong!!! You are paid for it. Anything that the company needs from its employees like( any ramp, hazmat, yard, driving, pee test) they are required to pay for, check the contracts hr suit!! The only thing thats not paid for is the dot recert because it's done off property. And like in my contract if we are there more than 1.5 hrs we go on the clock. And yes we all were paid for it!!!!!

No you are wrong. Spoken like an ignorant teamster. UPS is helping worthless employees, like yourself, do this. It is the Department of Homeland Security. Clink the link on upsers and it takes you to a government website. The company you work for is trying to help get this done. I am surprised they just didn't send a notice to the homes of employees and state what needs to take place. The company doesn't need you to do this. If you don't do it, deal with Homeland Security. I know workers that are refusing to do it. All I know anyone without the I-9 will not be allowed on property. I am not sure what will happen after that. This is much bigger than the IBT or the company... Understand this if you can, UPS does not need you to fill out the I-9, you need to fill out the I-9 to stay employed.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
No you are wrong. Spoken like an ignorant teamster. UPS is helping worthless employees, like yourself, do this. It is the Department of Homeland Security. Clink the link on upsers and it takes you to a government website. The company you work for is trying to help get this done. I am surprised they just didn't send a notice to the homes of employees and state what needs to take place. The company doesn't need you to do this. If you don't do it, deal with Homeland Security. I know workers that are refusing to do it. All I know anyone without the I-9 will not be allowed on property. I am not sure what will happen after that. This is much bigger than the IBT or the company... Understand this if you can, UPS does not need you to fill out the I-9, you need to fill out the I-9 to stay employed.

HURRPA DERRRPA DEE DURRRRRRR HURR DURRR

dragracer66

Really??? Wow I better go tell all my "fellow Teamsters" that we should give back our money for getting paid to do this because you say so!!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
It sounds like maybe UPS dropped the ball on this in the first place. As I read it, it sounds like we should have filled this form out prior to being hired. Socks letmeask you, do we get paid to complete all other yearly paper work? Government related or not?

TITLE 8 - ALIENS AND NATIONALITY

CHAPTER V - EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF IMMIGRATION REVIEW, DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

SUBCHAPTER B - IMMIGRATION REGULATIONS

PART 1274A - CONTROL OF EMPLOYMENT OF ALIENS

subpart a - EMPLOYER REQUIREMENTS

1274a.2 - Verification of employment eligibility.

(a) General. This section states the requirements and procedures persons or entities must comply with when hiring, or when recruiting or referring for a fee, or when continuing to employ individuals in the United States. For purposes of complying with section 274A(b) of the Act and this section, all references to recruiters and referrers for a fee are limited to a person or entity who is either an agricultural association, agricultural employer, or farm labor contractor (as defined in section 3 of the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act, 29 U.S.C. 1802). The Form I9, Employment Eligibility Verification Form, has been designated by the Service as the form to be used in complying with the requirements of this section. The Form I9 may be obtained in limited quantities at INS District Offices, or ordered from the Superintendent of Documents, Washington, DC 20402. Employers may electronically generate blank Forms I9, provided that: the resulting form is legible; there is no change to the name, content, or sequence of the data elements and instructions; no additional data elements or language are inserted; and the paper used meets the standards for retention and production for inspection specified under 1274a.2(b). When copying or printing the Form I9, the text of the two-sided form may be reproduced by making either double-sided or single-sided copies.

Employers need only complete the Form I9 for individuals who are hired after November 6, 1986 and continue to be employed after May 31, 1987.

Employers shall have until September 1, 1987 to complete the Form I9 for individuals hired from November 7, 1986 through May 31, 1987. Recruiters and referrers for a fee need complete the Form I9 only for those individuals who are recruited or referred and hired after May 31, 1987.

In conjunction with completing the Form I9, an employer or recruiter or referrer for a fee must examine documents that evidence the identity and employment eligibility of the individual. The employer or recruiter or referrer for a fee and the individual must each complete an attestation on the Form I9 under penalty of perjury.

(b) Employment verification requirements(1) Examination of documents and completion of Form I9. (i) A person or entity that hires or recruits or refers for a fee an individual for employment must ensure that the individual properly: (A) Complete section 1Employee Information and Verificationon the Form I9 at the time of hire; or if an individual is unable to complete the Form I9 or needs it translated, someone may assist him or her. The preparer or translator must read the Form to the individual, assist him or her in completing Section 1Employee Information and Verification, and have the individual sign or mark the Form in the appropriate place. The preparer or translator must then complete the Preparer/Translator Certification portion of the Form I9; and (B) Present to the employer or the recruiter or referrer for a fee documentation as set forth in paragraph (b)(1)(v) of this section establishing his or her identity and employment eligibility within the time limits set forth in paragraphs (b)(1)(ii) through (b)(1)(v) of this section.

(ii) Except as provided in paragraph (b)(1)(viii) of this section, an employer, his or her agent, or anyone acting directly or indirectly in the interest thereof, must within three business days of the hire: (A) Physically examine the documentation presented by the individual establishing identity and employment eligibility as set forth in paragraph (b)(1)(v) of this section and ensure that the documents presented appear to be genuine and to relate to the individual; and (B) Complete section 2Employer Review and Verificationof the Form I9.

(iii) An employer who hires an individual for employment for a duration of less than three business days must comply with paragraphs (b)(1)(ii)(A) and (b)(1)(ii)(B) of this section at the time of the hire.

UPSSOCKS

You did fill out a form of I9 when you were hired. The DHS has required everyone that works for a company with a government contract to fill out this one. Basically it's to show that no illegal aliens are doing government work or employed by the government....

UPSSOCKS

Really??? Wow I better go tell all my "fellow Teamsters" that we should give back our money for getting paid to do this because you say so!!!!

You didn't get paid to do it. You just think you did. All you did was write your name, ss, and dl # on a form..... The I9 is multiple pages. You just gave a management person all the info they needed to fill it out for you.

atatbl

lmao.... you have zero idea what you are talking about.

atatbl

You didn't get paid to do it. You just think you did. All you did was write your name, ss, and dl # on a form..... The I9 is multiple pages. You just gave a management person all the info they needed to fill it out for you.

He probably thinks he got paid for his interview too. This is priceless.

dragracer66

WOw... Well I quess the hour and 10 minutes I got in O/T yesterday waiting in line at the hr office was all a dream.

atatbl

lol. Making stuff up does not change reality. You didn't get paid. 95 people have done it so far on my shift, zero have gotten paid for it. And before you say they are all spineless, understand that they checked with their local.

bscott85

our hub just now told us about this today

i filled out the thing online(only took a minute)

when am i supposed to show 2 forms of ID? i dont carry my wallet(which has my DL & SS card in it) into work, i only bring in my work ID and time card

UPSSOCKS

our hub just now told us about this today

i filled out the thing online(only took a minute)

when am i supposed to show 2 forms of ID? i dont carry my wallet(which has my DL & SS card in it) into work, i only bring in my work ID and time card

After you do the online part someone will need you DL number

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Come on people, you're making this to difficult. In situations like this where the company won't pay directly, I take the pay times 2 in the following days or weeks. It's really very easy if you think about it. An extra bathroom break or two. Tie your shoes a couple dozen times. You get the picture. Let ego maniacal supes like Socks think they got you, when in reality you got it all back times 2. The times 2 is for the extra time out of your life you shouldn't have had to spend had the company done the right thing in the first place.

Floridacargocat

The I-9 verification procedure is theoretically a copy of all the information you were supposed to submit for the hiring process. Made an attempt recently, and the electronic I9express software decided not to acknowledge me (although working for the company for quite a few years). Hardcopy documents were shown to HR (for the hiring process and recently for verification), but now the software declines to verify my UPS existence. Let's see if we can find a way out of my electronic limbo existence.