I-9 Verification

satellitedriver

No you are wrong. Spoken like an ignorant teamster. UPS is helping worthless employees, like yourself, do this. It is the Department of Homeland Security. Clink the link on upsers and it takes you to a government website. The company you work for is trying to help get this done. I am surprised they just didn't send a notice to the homes of employees and state what needs to take place. The company doesn't need you to do this. If you don't do it, deal with Homeland Security. I know workers that are refusing to do it. All I know anyone without the I-9 will not be allowed on property. I am not sure what will happen after that. This is much bigger than the IBT or the company... Understand this if you can, UPS does not need you to fill out the I-9, you need to fill out the I-9 to stay employed.

Hey, (cough)wipe.
All this info was provided at the time of each of our employment.
We now have to verify after 1986 hires because some brainchild branch in UPS lost the files of post1987 hires.
Homeland Security is on UPS's collective ass for not being able to supply the records.
No big deal on the employees end, but someone's head is going to roll for the loss of documentation.

UPSSOCKS

Hey, (cough)wipe.
All this info was provided at the time of each of our employment.
We now have to verify after 1986 hires because some brainchild branch in UPS lost the files of post1987 hires.
Homeland Security is on UPS's collective ass for not being able to supply the records.
No big deal on the employees end, but someone's head is going to roll for the loss of documentation.

Listen here weirdo, I don't know where you heard that from but it is not true. UPS is not the only company with government contracts right now doing this. Are you telling me that the other companies lost their files too. Shut up, unless you have something useful to add Chester....

hedgehead

when ups gets rid of people like socks this co will be alot better off he doesnt have a clue he is a wet behind the eyes robot he will see one day

UPSBluRdg03

The company already has the info they just dont want to have to do a little work and fill it in for everyone. I mean afterall one of the things you can show them is your Social Security card. How do taxes come out of my check each week if you dont already have my SSN? You may also show them your DL. How am I able to operate a company vehicle if you havent already seen and have the info from my DL?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The company already has the info they just dont want to have to do a little work and fill it in for everyone. I mean afterall one of the things you can show them is your Social Security card. How do taxes come out of my check each week if you dont already have my SSN? You may also show them your DL. How am I able to operate a company vehicle if you havent already seen and have the info from my DL?

Give me a break.

It takes all of 2 minutes to fill out Part 1 online and 1 minute for your HR clerk to take copies of your ID for verification purposes.

This is not a UPS initiative--this is DHS (Department of Homeland Security) because we have contracts with the Federal Government.

Enough with the whining.

TheJoe

They're taking care of that themselves at our buiding, we just bring in our ID and Social, or our Passport, they make copies and do the rest themselves. no problem on my end...i hope.

satellitedriver

UPSSOCKS;675146[SIZE=4 said:
]Listen here[/SIZE] weirdo, I don't know where you heard that from but it is not true. UPS is not the only company with government contracts right now doing this. Are you telling me that the other companies lost their files too. Shut up, unless you have something useful to add Chester....

I will listen to you, just as I listened to a 20yr supervisor tell me why it was going on and conveyed that info.
Well, it is not the first time a suit has given me incorrect info.:happy2:
Nice blame game saying it is the governments fault for asking for simple data that UPS already has on file.
If it was based on contracts, then why the 1987 cut off point for proof of citizenship?
As far as the Shut up
comment, my name is Steve and you are welcomed to PM me, so that I can give you my home address.
Come on down and try and Shut me up.

UPSSOCKS

I will listen to you, just as I listened to a 20yr supervisor tell me why it was going on and conveyed that info.
Well, it is not the first time a suit has given me incorrect info.:happy2:
Nice blame game saying it is the governments fault for asking for simple data that UPS already has on file.
If it was based on contracts, then why the 1987 cut off point for proof of citizenship?
As far as the Shut up comment, my name is Steve and you are welcomed to PM me, so that I can give you my home address.
Come on down and try and Shut me up.

blah blah blah, you are a liar steve. No one told you anything. Stop making things up, it won't help you make friends. And I know you wish it was true but no one in management talks to you.

satellitedriver

blah blah blah, you are a liar steve. No one told you anything. Stop making things up, it won't help you make friends. And I know you wish it was true but no one in management talks to you.
Liar?
You really are off base when you say that about me.
Using your logic you are not in management, since you directly addressed me.

Billy

if anyone comes up as no match while doing this you only have 8 days to fill out and submit a special form. ( see your steward ) if you fail to do this in the 8 days you will have no recourse against the company for back pay...etc.1, April is the cut off that it must be completed by.

cmthur

On the acutal i-9 form states that this info must be obtained at the time and no later the when employeed. Also, give show them your birth certificate, don't let them have a copy of your social sec. card. How dependable is the guy holding that info.