I 95 UPS accident in Florida

browned out

God bless and help the family of the pu truck driver.

And God darn UPS if they try to go after our driver if they are not 100% sure of any avoid ability issues as I am sure the UPS driver is already shaken and does not need to be taken out of service at this time of year.

R.I.P. driver.

Isn't the driver automatically terminated when there's a death involved?

Out of service for sure for the time being but not terminated. There will be some intense scrutiny. We had a fatal two years ago and while the driver was out until after the investigation he returned to finish his career in the yard and then retired. The company is hesitant to outright declare fault unless it`s blatant because it only opens them up further to any lawsuits by accepting the blame.

over9five

Staff member
Out of service for sure for the time being but not terminated. There will be some intense scrutiny. We had a fatal two years ago and while the driver was out until after the investigation he returned to finish his career in the yard and then retired. The company is hesitant to outright declare fault unless it`s blatant because it only opens them up further to any lawsuits by accepting the blame.

How did he end up in the yard? Was a new position created for him? Did he get backpay for the time he was "out"?

How did he end up in the yard? Was a new position created for him? Did he get backpay for the time he was "out"?

Shifting in the yard is a feeder bid position. I don`t know any answers for the time he was out as I`m sure part of it was investigation related and part was his dealing with the situation personally. Backpay? Would the mental anguish/stress of such an event qualify for comp?