I always get fired around September !

drewed

Shankman
If any of the questions can lead to discipline they have to give you a steward or have you sign a union waiver release form, or none of the interview is useful.

I know, but technically he had a rep there, that still doesnt mean he had to answer the questions.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

UPS's policy is always the most drastic action possible to get the employee out if that's what they want.

If it's dishonesty regarding stealing good, they'll press charges that are overblown (larceny over $1000 for allegedly stealing a cheerio, for example). Firing for dishonesty for delivering a air late but pre-sheeting to make appear on time. It's funny that some management teams will INSIST or even force a driver do this to make their numbers (I have read this, but don't have experience with it), but on the other hand if they don't like you, dishonesty doesn't fit into their cards so FIRE EM!

hyena

UPS's policy is always the most drastic action possible to get the employee out if that's what they want.

If it's dishonesty regarding stealing good, they'll press charges that are overblown (larceny over $1000 for allegedly stealing a cheerio, for example). Firing for dishonesty for delivering a air late but pre-sheeting to make appear on time. It's funny that some management teams will INSIST or even force a driver do this to make their numbers (I have read this, but don't have experience with it), but on the other hand if they don't like you, dishonesty doesn't fit into their cards so FIRE EM!
when I first started driving Air my sup told me if something was going to be late then stop complete it before the commit time! He said he didnt want to explain on the conference call why any thing was late! If I did that now I would be fired!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

when I first started driving Air my sup told me if something was going to be late then stop complete it before the commit time! He said he didnt want to explain on the conference call why any thing was late! If I did that now I would be fired!

IF you're (anyone, not you personally)a good boy or girl, don't grieve anything, allow management to walk all over teh contract, their employees and do everything they ask without recourse or blinking an eye, they'll never fire that person.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
IF you're (anyone, not you personally)a good boy or girl, don't grieve anything, allow management to walk all over teh contract, their employees and do everything they ask without recourse or blinking an eye, they'll never fire that person.

Crap rolls down hill, You can bet your bottom dollar that they wouldn't think twice about firing anybody whiner or worker is of no difference

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That is Ok when a sup is with you and tells you to do it, then the customer is asking "why is it late" Hey he told me not to cheat, I had been telling him I had too many air stops.
So that got fixed, now they believe me.
And when they dont listen I tell a sup, have a witness I trust, and do the best I can, and then it is on them.
I no longer let the stress of something I cannot do, rule my day. If you can do 13 an hour or whatever and you have over that, obviously, you cannot do it.
It is simple math.
In their conference call they need to tell the truth. That would solve alot of problems instead of being a yes man. But I realize a mgmt person has to be accountable and gets in trouble also. And worries about their job. But if it cant be done, they need to say, they need an air driver, etc. End of story on my end at least.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
My question is this, Do they have a recording of your "live" trace for that day? or are they just using the " package scanned, stop completed" GPS time stamp? The former looks a little like an animated cartoon of a package car on a map grid, the later is a google earth photo of the long-lat location of the two diad functions.
If it is the former, they have to set that up the day it is recording which would mean the intended to catch you doing something wrong.

can this information help me in any way ?

can this information help me in any way ?
Don't know if it can help you, but if they recorded the day in question it dang sure can work against you.
Plus, if they are recording your trace that should be a little clue that you make sure all your T's are crossed and I's dotted.