I am overwhelmed with gratitude right now...

I'm so sorry for your loss sober. I recently saw a bumper sticker that said "May God help me be the person my dog thinks I am". You are that guy that's dog knew you actually were that guy. I still shed some tears for my best friend Eve. You just go through so much things in life that they are right here for you when you are in those places. I used to look into Eves eyes and I knew she got me. It might sound stupid to someone who is not a dog person but you know what I mean. I have tears going down my cheeks as I post this but who cares real men cry and love there dogs. Sorry brother.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The picture of Rusty, sprawled out on the couch is the best. Sorry to hear that your best bud is gone. Remember the good times.

MassWineGuy

Soberups, I'm sad and sorry to hear about Rusty. I know how it feels to lose such a close friend and family member. Sounds like you both had a great and joyful life together, and from the photos it sure looks like Rusty felt loved. What more could a dog want than to be loved as part of the family? Twelve years is a very good run.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Rusty
2001--Sept. 29, 2013

He was the "bestest" and "most awesomest" dog in the world, and right now there is a hole in my heart that feels like it will never heal. RIP buddy, you are in a better place now and you aren't sick and in pain any longer.

As I read this, I'm petting my 15 yr. old, blind and deaf Cosmo (guess I just gave up my screen name) while my 9 yr. old Lucy is watching and waiting her turn.

Gotta love your doggies!

I feel your pain, Sober. We had to put Cosmo down the end of July. The vet said he had the dog version of Alzheimer's, and he was losing control of bodily functions.

​It's tough, buddy. I know.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Waylon
1995- October 24th 2013

Had to put my little buddy Waylon down today. He was almost 18 years old. This is the second dog I have had to put down in the last 3 weeks. When we put Rusty down last month, Waylon seemed to lose a lot of his spirit and we could tell that he missed his friend. Now they are together again. This really sucks.

null_zps8c7dafed.png

0D695D51-09EE-4AF4-BFDE-DDBC9A2C8F0F-34967-00002F35291DEDB6_zpsdb5a029c.jpg

tiredofhelping

Sober, I just saw this post for the first time. So sorry to hear about your pups. As a dog lover that has lost my own, I know the pain is gut wrenching. Just hang in there and allow yourself time to grieve. It's ok. Everyone deals with it differently. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it will get easier. Hang in there buddy.