I am rethinking UPS as a career

moreluck

golden ticket member
How many of you guys have been inside of a nursing home? I'm sure plenty of you. Those places are so effing depressing. Some of those people literally look like they're about to die - like they have no understanding of what's going on around them. Not everybody ends up that way. Becoming mentally lazy is a quick way to get there though. UPS may not be 'rocket science', but it does keep you thinking. Mental activity is just as important as physical to keep you going into old age without ending up like some of those people. Be careful going down an easier path.

1 in 8 will get it. Smoking & drinking don't help to avoid dementia either! Diet contributes too. Read up on it.....

Alzheimer's - What Causes Alzheimer's Disease

People are in Nursing homes for a reason. Yes, a lot of them are going to die soon....that's why they look that way.

I agree with the mental workouts, that's why the crossword puzzles and othe such activities. We can't control our genes, plaques and tangles.

UPSGUY72

1 in 8 will get it. Smoking & drinking don't help to avoid dementia either! Diet contributes too. Read up on it.....

Alzheimer's - What Causes Alzheimer's Disease

People are in Nursing homes for a reason. Yes, a lot of them are going to die soon....that's why they look that way.

I agree with the mental workouts, that's why the crossword puzzles and othe such activities. We can't control our genes, plaques and tangles.

I play sudoku every day on my phone during my hour lunch.

UPSGUY72

Just make sure it isn't after a cheeseburger & fries and while you smoke your cigarette!

Usually it's a turkey sandwich with cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion on toasted bread along with a assortment of fruit (blueberries, strawberry, grapes). Some cookies and a little bag of chips. On the real cold days I have soup.

Don't smoke and never did.

slantnosechevy

This is a single persons job. Why do you think the divorce rate is at 74% on both sides of the fence. They tell you when hiring in that this job isn't for everybody. Most don't listen and just look at the money and benefits. Everyone of us will have to ask ourselves someday if it was worth it. There isn't a standard answer.

bbsam

Staff member
This is a single persons job. Why do you think the divorce rate is at 74% on both sides of the fence. They tell you when hiring in that this job isn't for everybody. Most don't listen and just look at the money and benefits. Everyone of us will have to ask ourselves someday if it was worth it. There isn't a standard answer.
It's certainly a single person's job if your avatar is representative of your average delivery!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Been married 39 years and at UPS for 39 years.

It depends on the individuals.

I don't know where you got the 74% from but I doubt if UPS Full-time employees rate of divorce is not much different.
Most divorces stem from "money issues" so maybe the higher UPS compensation might actually make UPS rates lower.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Got it from a human resource guy a couple of years ago. Management divorces go up after long term higher ups retire.

I wonder where he/she got the information since this is not tracked in UPS Employee systems.
The only system I can think of is the retirement system since that info has to be supplied.

texan

Been married 39 years and at UPS for 39 years.

It depends on the individuals.

I don't know where you got the 74% from but I doubt if UPS Full-time employees rate of divorce is not much different.
Most divorces stem from "money issues" so maybe the higher UPS compensation might actually make UPS rates lower.

I agree with on "the individuals".