I am "that guy "

NXA

You know, the one who gets four oversized pieces of cheap Chinese "furniture" delivered to his porch, then returns them via call tag a few days later. I can't stand that guy, but today it's me.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
No no no. Make sure they are not ready till the third attempt so I can dread over it and see them in my pouch every morning

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You know I'm coming for it, so don't leave it on your front porch.

Your room in the back of the house is fine.

I don't mind waiting the extra 3 minutes it takes for you to drag it to the front door.

If it's not taped up on the 3rd attempt, that's fine, I'll wait for you to throw some tape on it.

It's not like I am not in a hurry or anything.

mdnj88

I just throw that crap in back of truck. When customers asks if it will "be ok" I just tell them we got someone to fix it and take it up at the hub. Yea right

UPSGUY72

You know, the one who gets four oversized pieces of cheap Chinese "furniture" delivered to his porch, then returns them via call tag a few days later. I can't stand that guy, but today it's me.

Chalk this up as a learning experience. You get what you pay for.

Either way I still get paid got dropping off and picking up your crap.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Make sure they're on the 3rd floor, that's what I'm used to.
Fortunately my current route is in the ghetto where I can just say "Sorry, we don't go in the buildings in this neighborhood" so my pasty white :censored2: only has to climb stairs for a handful of business stops. :)

MaDBaLL

You know I'm coming for it, so don't leave it on your front porch.

Your room in the back of the house is fine.

I don't mind waiting the extra 3 minutes it takes for you to drag it to the front door.

If it's not taped up on the 3rd attempt, that's fine, I'll wait for you to throw some tape on it.

It's not like I am not in a hurry or anything.
I just had a guy chase me down in a car today after a house delivery and tell me the shipper has special instructions for the UPS guy to wait for a complete open inspection. If the pkg is delivered and I leave, he is charged $150. So now I have an angry, confused old man chasing me down because some jackass is making the rules As he goes.

BTW, the pkg was damaged!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just had a guy chase me down in a car today after a house delivery and tell me the shipper has special instructions for the UPS guy to wait for a complete open inspection. If the pkg is delivered and I leave, he is charged $150. So now I have an angry, confused old man chasing me down because some jackass is making the rules As he goes.

I love those ones. Had a delivery once to a house, I think they were chairs (bar stools, or patio....not like it matters). I bring all 4 onto the deck one by one, at which point John q homeowner comes out and tells me to wait while he inspects them all, because the shioper told him we have to let him do that. Said "nope, you can check them after I leave, that's UPS' policy"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I love those ones. Had a delivery once to a house, I think they were chairs (bar stools, or patio....not like it matters). I bring all 4 onto the deck one by one, at which point John q homeowner comes out and tells me to wait while he inspects them all, because the shioper told him we have to let him do that. Said "nope, you can check them after I leave, that's UPS' policy"

"Sir, if there is no visual damage to any of the packages, I am directed to deliver them. If after you open each of the packages you discover damage please call this number."

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Years ago, I had a lady swear at me because I wouldn't set up her BOWFLEX for her.

The shopping channel that she ordered it from told her the UPS delivery driver would set it up for her.

WorknLateHuh

if experience has taught me anything, it's take a tiny little piece of scotch tape and place it on the cardboard flaps, just enough to keep the box closed. No need to waste supplies now. It only weighs 120 lbs, your dollar tree, scotch tape will prove it's worth. Now nod in approval at your 6 second job congratulating yourself that you went above and beyond. You even supplied your own box... the UPS guy will be so happy.

Brownpride816

Years ago, I had a lady swear at me because I wouldn't set up her BOWFLEX for her.

The shopping channel that she ordered it from told her the UPS delivery driver would set it up for her.

Lmfao seriously? Can you imagine that? I delivered a 120lbs "exercise pole" today, i wish she would have asked me to set it up for her (sarcasm)