I am torn between two men

LeadBelly

Banned
Hoffa's been Prez for 17 years..... How do you feel about your job at UPS over the time that you have been employed and been a Teamster member? Do you think that you have gotten your money's worth from all that you have paid the union with your dues? Are you comfortable saying that you feel the union looks out for your best interest.... not just in negotiating higher wages? Wouldn't you agree that after 17 years, any leader has developed alliances and friendships with adversaries that will ultimately influence the way that leader bargains and agrees during negotiations? I've been here for 26 years and working conditions and moral has never been as bad as it is currently. The blame can not solely go on the company. The Union gets our money to ensure that we are paid and treated fairly for the fair days of work that we give UPS. We do get paid well, full timers anyway, but we do not get treated fairly. Something needs to change and UPS will not change without being pressed to do so. Since things have gone from bad to worse under the leadership of the current Prez, it only makes sense to change the leadership and see if a new Prez can deliver the change that is needed. I urge you to read up on both of the men. Many on here like to make this issue a joke, but it's a serious matter and an important decision to have to make. Especially for the new, newer, and future UPSers.
Once you learn to follow the methods and stand your ground the company will move on to a guy living in a glass house that doesn't follow the methods. If you act like a man and do the job by the methods then you should have no problem.

Indecisi0n

Hoffa's been Prez for 17 years..... How do you feel about your job at UPS over the time that you have been employed and been a Teamster member? Do you think that you have gotten your money's worth from all that you have paid the union with your dues? Are you comfortable saying that you feel the union looks out for your best interest.... not just in negotiating higher wages? Wouldn't you agree that after 17 years, any leader has developed alliances and friendships with adversaries that will ultimately influence the way that leader bargains and agrees during negotiations? I've been here for 26 years and working conditions and moral has never been as bad as it is currently. The blame can not solely go on the company. The Union gets our money to ensure that we are paid and treated fairly for the fair days of work that we give UPS. We do get paid well, full timers anyway, but we do not get treated fairly. Something needs to change and UPS will not change without being pressed to do so. Since things have gone from bad to worse under the leadership of the current Prez, it only makes sense to change the leadership and see if a new Prez can deliver the change that is needed. I urge you to read up on both of the men. Many on here like to make this issue a joke, but it's a serious matter and an important decision to have to make. Especially for the new, newer, and future UPSers.
I am trying to find reliable sources to get information on both. I don't trust the people pushing who they want at the shop because they have agendas. I just want facts.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think I've seen the light.

I agree, that guy hit it out of the park.

Brown Spider

Fred's got really bad breath if that makes any difference to you. Whenever I talk to Jimmy his breath doesn't stink. They are both old dudes. I think you should vote Hoffa and try and find the right guy that doesn't have anything to do with your job.

I suppose that sniffing would be one way of selecting a candidate. I've seen dogs do that when they're looking for a mate. Whatever works for ya' Belly. But I would think that the 4th largest union in the country would find a better way.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I suppose that sniffing would be one way of selecting a candidate. I've seen dogs do that when they're looking for a mate. Whatever works for ya' Belly. But I would think that the 4th largest union in the country would find a better way.

What would be your "litmus test" for sniffing out lying candidates ?

Would you prefer to sniff their butts ?

-Bug-

Brown Spider

What would be your "litmus test" for sniffing out lying candidates ?

Would you prefer to sniff their butts ?

-Bug-
Nope. Not a big fan of sniffing candidates breath or butts. I'd prefer to read whatever positions they may have on the future of our union, perhaps seek out the opinions of union leaders whom I respect, and evaluate the candidates past local union history. Assuming, of course....that they ever had a local union history.

LeadBelly

Banned
Nope. Not a big fan of sniffing candidates breath or butts. I'd prefer to read whatever positions they may have on the future of our union, perhaps seek out the opinions of union leaders whom I respect, and evaluate the candidates past local union history. Assuming, of course....that they ever had a local union history.
Teamsters United has no respect from their peers.

LeadBelly

Banned
At least now your message is easier to understand. And now I know why I didn't get a bear hug at the convention. Damn!
If you actually manned up and talked to me face to face you probably would have been pleasantly surprised how well we would have got along. I'd respect you more if I can look you in the eye.