I apparently keep getting misloads?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Absolutely incorrect. Your signature/initials only confirm that you acknowledge the document/write-up is going into your employee record, not that you're admitting guilt. In this case, "RTS" serves the same purpose. You can be fired for insubordination for refusing to sign a write-up; you're only allowed to refuse to sign an extra contract agreement (ie. a form changing your working conditions that was not negotiated by the union) and documents pertaining to a fair day's work for a fair day's pay (ie. a document that states you understand you must load at 500 pieces per hour) but not a write up form.
These damn smart scanners are making all the new hires so dumb. None of them no where any package goes on their own PD, let alone the rest of the hub. I wonder what UPS will do when all the high seniority people quit or retire and none of the new people know where any packages go in the building

Sent using BrownCafe App
But i just put it where the PAL label says..."RDR".. Right Down Rear? lol

oldngray

nowhere special
But i just put it where the PAL label says..."RDR".. Right Down Rear? lol

Don't new loaders have L and R on their shoes so they don't get confused?
left%2Bright%2Bshoes.jpg

IzzyTheNose

I've personally seen members go to panel and lose their jobs over refusing not to sign a writeup.
Safety PCMs are entirely different.

I'm sure your union steward would tell you -- at the end of the day -- all your signature does is state you acknowledge the item is going into your employee record; the same as when a manager signs a grievance. Telling someone they don't have to sign a write-up is terrible advice with (at best) the same results or potentially worse if the company pushes it.

For example: a hub employee is at a local level hearing for poor attendance and is on a working termination. On every write-up he has for attendance, he wrote "RTS." Do you think a labor manager is going to look at "RTS" and go, "Hot damn, he refused to sign. I guess he has a point here. I'm going to pull his termination!"?

Pick your battles. Refusing to sign write-ups is an awful dumb fight to start.

Interesting. I've been written up once in my life, for miss scans. When I was getting my write up, the lead asked if I wanted to sign it, and the steward said that I didn't have to if I didn't want to. I told the lead "No, that's okay. But I want to grieve it." The steward took the write up, and said he'd handle the rest.

A couple days later, he said they were going to throw out the write up.

30yearstolife

I RTS everything except the DVIR and annual DOT required form stating moving violations. I have not signed ANY paperwork including warning letters, safety ride paperwork, and methods rides paperwork in over 15 years. I have been at UPS over 30 years. I even had a meeting with the District Manager and Union Business Agent present and I refused to sign the District Managers paperwork, saying I don't sign anything unless required by law. I really find it hard to believe anyone has ever been fired over an RTS unless it was a DOT required signature.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
These damn smart scanners are making all the new hires so dumb. None of them no where any package goes on their own PD, let alone the rest of the hub. I wonder what UPS will do when all the high seniority people quit or retire and none of the new people know where any packages go in the building

Sent using BrownCafe App
Imagine the chaos when N. Korea hacks the database and they have to turn these scanners off.
No one will have the "old school" skills to save the operation.