I believe I'm screwed here; what do I do? (IF I can do anything)

cheeks

@Jibbs, Hahahahaha! Yeah, I think I'll try it. I need the work and drivers that make 30-40 a hour shouldn't be able to come in and take the jobs from people who make 9-10. I'm union btw, and well beyond the seniority date. I just wonder if I grieve, can someone higher up retaliate?
you've got to remember that many of those 30-40 a hr drivers were once in your shoes too. Hell i was for 17 yrs. It's a matter of seniority, sorry. we've most all been there. FT people don't enjoy bumping jobs. some take days off to prevent it. that's when cover dr.'s fill in. no covers on vacation, still leaves FT people to take PT positions. Think to, after you've been FT you adjust your cost of living to your pay. These FT people have bills too.

nicky

Ok so I need a little clarification... You are a preloader, did I see in Florida? What is your seniority date? If you have seniority and are getting laid off and someone with less seniority works... FILE A GRIEVANCE! This is the process, if a driver bumps back he displaces 2 PT employees. They can ask you to take the day but if you are not the bottom guy they CAN NOT force you to go or stay home without forcing EVERYONE under you. So if there are 10 people under you on the seniority list they would have to lay off 11 to force you. If they do that you have no grounds, if they work someone with less seniority file a grievance for the hours that employee worked. The company WILL pay that one.

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
Well, turns out I wasn't the only dude friend'ed over so I'm not going to make this a bigger issue. Guess waiting that extra day helped. Thanks. Consider this thread officially closed.

Howe909

just go to work if your good at your job every day forget the txt they cant do that if ur pass probation and when they lay u off u get unemployment till they hire you back.... but if u suck at ur job dont come in casue coming in might make you a target and they will fire you

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
just go to work if your good at your job every day forget the txt they cant do that if ur pass probation and when they lay u off u get unemployment till they hire you back.... but if u suck at ur job dont come in casue coming in might make you a target and they will fire you

They cannot just fire you because they don't like you. It takes document upon documents upon documents to fire someone for anything not regarding theft, fight, accident. You can't be fired for production.