I called in and my Full time supervisor ask me if it was sick or absent

UPSGUY72

Next time you call in make sure it's at least 1 hour before your shift. You don't need to give them a reason just tell them your booking off. If you want to give them a reason tell them your sick. Them hang up....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Depends where you are . Sick is suck it up and go to work, no pay. I prefer to stay home when I am well, and work when I am sick.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Lots of people apparently called out today judging by the the threads posted.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

In my building new FT drivers are just happy to be back driving after working inside for the last five months. Come July they will be wanting to know what it takes to get a day off.
Our lowest seniority guy just ended up quitting because of lack of days. He just couldn't take it anymore. I think he's worked 2 days since January 15th. He was an off the street hire from peak. It was too bad, with vacations coming around I don't think the guy would have had a day off until next January.

Ring Sport

Three threads about calling in sick???? I guess some don't realize they have to work the day before and the day after a holiday to get paid for the holiday.

UPSGUY72

Three threads about calling in sick???? I guess some don't realize they have to work the day before and the day after a holiday to get paid for the holiday.

That not the case in every area in my are you only have to work any day during the week not the day before or after.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

The day before I buy. But the day after I don't think so. It's an early payroll week. Everything has to be in and error free by tomorrow.