I called in and my Full time supervisor ask me if it was sick or absent

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bs3999, May 22, 2015.

1. bs3999

bs3999 New Member

I was wondering what hours does calling in absent uses. Also, how do I use my OTH hours.
  2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Sick you get paid.
    Absent is no pay.
  3. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Next time you call in make sure it's at least 1 hour before your shift. You don't need to give them a reason just tell them your booking off. If you want to give them a reason tell them your sick. Them hang up....
  4. bs3999

bs3999 New Member

Ok thx. Calling in Sick will use my SST and OTH hours?
  5. Funfact

There is no pay code for being absent. There is a pay code 26 which means no pay... Absent code mean a lot of things and some not good.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Don't overthink this. :wink2:
  7. bs3999

bs3999 New Member

So next time I call in say I'm sick. Will that use my SST and OTH hours?
  8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Depends where you are . Sick is suck it up and go to work, no pay. I prefer to stay home when I am well, and work when I am sick.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

CHALLY9TX Active Member

OTH are sick days in our hub
  10. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

Option 3 days
  11. Lots of people apparently called out today judging by the the threads posted.
  12. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

not the applicable holiday, but the same principle," saint patty's fever."
  13. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In my building new FT drivers are just happy to be back driving after working inside for the last five months. Come July they will be wanting to know what it takes to get a day off.
  14. Rain Shield

Rain Shield Member

Depends on your supplement. Southern Region has option days if chosen option 3 when options are chosen in September of each year.
  15. Our lowest seniority guy just ended up quitting because of lack of days. He just couldn't take it anymore. I think he's worked 2 days since January 15th. He was an off the street hire from peak. It was too bad, with vacations coming around I don't think the guy would have had a day off until next January.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. Ring Sport

Ring Sport Member

Three threads about calling in sick???? I guess some don't realize they have to work the day before and the day after a holiday to get paid for the holiday.
  17. Funfact

That not the case in every area in my are you only have to work any day during the week not the day before or after.
  18. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Here it is the day before OR the day after. I'm sure manning will be cut Tuesday to optimize the amount of not paying the holiday.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. The day before I buy. But the day after I don't think so. It's an early payroll week. Everything has to be in and error free by tomorrow.
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We have to work both or be scheduled off for one or both to get paid for the holiday.