I called off sick today but my sup still wanted me to come in

TheKid99

and another pt sup called me and let me know I need to come in today because my we are really short staffed... that's not my problem they should hire more people.

so I didn't report today

will I be okay?

raceanoncr

-Called in------------------CHECK
-Said they needed me----CHECK
-Didn't come in------------CHECK
-Threatened to fire me----CHECK
-Asked for Doctors degree-CHECK

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I called in today. I had 23 hours for the week. -17 actual temp and I worked til 830 mon-tues. They tried to get a ft sup, no one would answer. I wont be in, Im sick have a great day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
and another pt sup called me and let me know I need to come in today because my we are really short staffed... that's not my problem they should hire more people.

so I didn't report today

will I be okay?
As long as you booked off and either had time to take or don't have an attendance issue you're fine.

Sparkey86

When I was a new driver I worked a week with pneumonia in both lungs. 103 fever. I told my sup at the time that I was really ill and needed to see a doctor. He said "aww you just got that crud you will be alright..I need you here" collapsed at home after work one night was rushed to ER. The doctor ask me why in the world I would be working and I told him about my job and I was new to driving and what my boss had said. He stopped looked at me and said " tell your supervisor that he should consider getting a medical degree before he diagnoses his employees. I don't call in sick much but when I do they know I'm not coming.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sick or not, it's none of their business.

A couple years ago a different sup answered the phone than normal and tried giving me the 5th degree.
me - I'm not coming in today.
sup - why do you need off?
me - because I do
sup - why?
me - because I do
sup - why?
me - because UPS and the agreed that I get 5 days to use at my disposal and today is going to be one of those days.
sup - *click*

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

so I didn't report today

will I be okay?
I wont be in today im sick and ill be in tomorrow, click hang up, rinse and repeat, that simple. Hang up the phone before he tries to talk you into coming in.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
That's why God made option days. I was puking in a woman's ditch one day and she called in and told UPS I was sick and needed to have someone come get me. I called in and they said yeah, we already knew. lol.

Johney

Sick or not, it's none of their business.

A couple years ago a different sup answered the phone than normal and tried giving me the 5th degree.
me - I'm not coming in today.
I hang up here
sup - why do you need off?
me - because I do
sup - why?
me - because I do
sup - why?
me - because UPS and the agreed that I get 5 days to use at my disposal and today is going to be one of those days.
sup - *click*
7 extra steps not worth the time of day.

T

Turdferguson

Offer to give them a stool sample they can run a diagnostic check up on. Tell him you will leave it on his desk in the morning.

oldngray

nowhere special
There-Is-A-Limit-Of-Craziness-001.jpg