I can't believe it....................

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are the union. Go ahead and speak up.[/QUOTE]
I have tried to speak up. Nothing has been said at all from the union.[/QUOTE]

So you have filed grievances over this issue?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No we just bitch, and whine and cry. Because by the time grievances are heard if ever peak will be over. I refuse a helper because I wont leave them on a street to deliver, as I am responsible for their safety, and it aint safe..

I went to all the helper training and by the time I could get one at 5pm, they are beaten from working or pissed because they only get 2 hrs. 40 at 5 I can do by myself by 7. They are no help at commercial. They could be if they gave me one who knew how to work the board. I just dont want the stress. I can only responsible for myself. I would rather be alone at 8 in the hood than dumping some guy/girl off with a dolly in the hood. Sorry cant do it.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
This company is full of ignorant drivers who feel like doing 300 to 400 stops a day, with or without a helper. Drivers like this are a wet dream to UPS management. For every clown doing 400 stops a day, two or three other drivers are out of a job. Every driver I've ever known who ran so ungodly amount of stops was always so proud of their accomplishments. As UpstateNY would say, "It's all about me". Screw the rest of our workers, hell, screw yourselves, because that's just what you do when work at a breakneck speed. At these speeds, injuries and accidents are far, far more likely. And for what purpose?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This company is full of ignorant drivers who feel like doing 300 to 400 stops a day, with or without a helper. Drivers like this are a wet dream to UPS management. For every clown doing 400 stops a day, two or three other drivers are out of a job. Every driver I've ever known who ran so ungodly amount of stops was always so proud of their accomplishments. As UpstateNY would say, "It's all about me". Screw the rest of our workers, hell, screw yourselves, because that's just what you do when work at a breakneck speed. At these speeds, injuries and accidents are far, far more likely. And for what purpose?
If you are referring to me, I hardly work at breakneck speeds. My managment would fall outta their chair if someone called me fast, LOL. I have made some suggestions of how to adjust my route around so it could be run more effectively at peak, and with my area knowledge, how I could get work knocked out early, and in bad sections, before dark. safety first. But I may as well talk to this screen.
The only wet dream mgmt has because of me, will be when I am GONE.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you are referring to me, I hardly work at breakneck speeds. My managment would fall outta their chair if someone called me fast, LOL. I have made some suggestions of how to adjust my route around so it could be run more effectively at peak, and with my area knowledge, how I could get work knocked out early, and in bad sections, before dark. safety first. But I may as well talk to this screen.
I love your posts.

Indecisi0n

Trust me, sit back and just worry about yourself. In 5 years time they will be a lot slower after their surgeries.

DownSouthUPS

You are the union. Go ahead and speak up.
I have tried to speak up. Nothing has been said at all from the union.[/QUOTE]

So you have filed grievances over this issue?[/QUOTE]
Last year I did and nothing happened so I'm gonna call the union hall today and find out what's going on

packageguy

I found out today one of our drivers did 271 stops yesterday and punch out 6:45, I'm still shaking my head, can't beleive it, they don't learn... P.S. no helper

Dracula

Really?
Is this a question you ask of others?
Why are you here?
Same answer to both questions.
Money, not brotherhood.

If you need to do 300 stops just to make money, then brother, you're doing it all wrong. Most of these jack-a-ninnies running those kind of numbers usually get done before the guy/gal running 185 stops. If you're running 300+ stops a day to make extra money, you've got a hole in your head, and you are a management floozie. I said it once, I'll say it again, if you need to run that many stops a day, you're not working smart, and you're going about it the wrong way if money is your goal.

Dracula

Obviously, I'm not talking about you. You don't sound like you would do 300 stops a day. I'm referring to the drivers like littleboybrown is talking about: 271 stops, by himself, and done by 6:45. That, friends, is Class AAA stupidity.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Obviously, I'm not talking about you. You don't sound like you would do 300 stops a day. I'm referring to the drivers like littleboybrown is talking about: 271 stops, by himself, and done by 6:45. That, friends, is Class AAA stupidity.

absolutely! Dangerous and his service sucks i'm sure.

You two have no idea what kind of area this guy was running yet feel you have the right to pass judgement. What if it was a mostly residential route with a lot of subdivisions---those tend to go off really quickly and you can easily do 40-50 stops per hour.

westin

my route is as tight as it gets and 300 stops is straight up an accident waiting to happen. I average 160 to 180 stops per day and work an avg of 11 hours a day. Ive driven over 80 routes in a metro area on every kind of route possible. My comment isnt baseless. Its made on over 23yrs experience. An accident, lots of claims, injury, pissed off customers, are just the start on someone doing this. He's accomplishing nothing by trying to be superman. And as soon as aformentioned problems start, guesss who will be the first to throw him under the bus. MANAGEMENT. This is hard to do with a full time helper.

Dracula

You two have no idea what kind of area this guy was running yet feel you have the right to pass judgement. What if it was a mostly residential route with a lot of subdivisions---those tend to go off really quickly and you can easily do 40-50 stops per hour.

Yeah, running is your key word. If you are doing 40 to 50 stops an hour without a helper, you are stupid, regardless of how many resis are on your route. There is no reason to go that fast. NONE.

Thebrownstreak

Last year they had me on a route that averaged 260-290 stops a day. 5 of the 7 weeks of peak I ran out of hours by Friday afternoon. Yet they still sent me out with that much work. This peak I probably won't be on the road. I am currently injured and will be seeing a neurosurgeon tomorrow to find out what my options are. I will miss the crazy money that I made but it has been nice having time with the family albeit being in a ton of pain.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
You can't fix stupid. Management in my center know that if they put a helper on my car, I will only slow down. I will not go out with a ton of extra work and then they put a helper on me for two hours and think they are doing me a favor? Leave me alone and give me a decent day and I will give you a fair days work. After 28 years, I know that we have to work more hours at peak, but no one has to kill theirselves. I would even rather go out with a killer day by myself than have a helper.