"I can't drive 55"!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Had the pleasure of driving through S. Carolina into Georgia last week and was quite jealous of the speeds you guys can drive on the Freeway. Here in Ca. if you pull a trailer of any type you can't drive over 55. I saw a P1000 pulling a TP60 driving 70 and was getting smoked by feeder trucks. I pull a pup so I'm relegated to driving just 55 and as you guys know for a UPS man that's like sitting still. So I'm just curious if there are any other states that let you guys go full throttle.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Had the pleasure of driving through S. Carolina into Georgia last week and was quite jealous of the speeds you guys can drive on the Freeway. Here in Ca. if you pull a trailer of any type you can't drive over 55. I saw a P1000 pulling a TP60 driving 70 and was getting smoked by feeder trucks. I pull a pup so I'm relegated to driving just 55 and as you guys know for a UPS man that's like sitting still. So I'm just curious if there are any other states that let you guys go full throttle.
First time I've ever heard of tractor speeds being regulated like that. But what's the point? I thought California's roads couldn't get much straighter. Just something else they want to be more involved in than they need to be.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why speed if you get paid by the hour? Sounds like runner-gunner behavior to me.
200.gif

Last edited:

UPS4Life

They oughta fire him.
He disappeared for about a week and is back driving. Now that's not saying he isn't under a working discharge but since we have so many people in the hub I would assume if he was gone he wouldn't be on a working discharge.

blkmamba

First time I've ever heard of tractor speeds being regulated like that. But what's the point? I thought California's roads couldn't get much straighter. Just something else they want to be more involved in than they need to be.
It's actually for the amount of traffic throughout the state. It's easier for a tractor to stop at 55 then 70.

barnyard

KTM rider

You need to travel more. Trucks have a lower speed limit in Ohio, Montana and Wyoming to name a few.

watdaflock?

I rode around Chicago on my motorcycle during 1 of my vacations. Did the 294 bypass. Did 85-90 the whole time, just keeping up with traffic.

It was AWESOME.

I like to rent a car whenever going to Chicago just because everyone drives like a friggin' madman.
Going 20+mph over the posted speed limit and still get passed on the right and left....

*The 294 Ipass is exactly what I'm talking about. Get to the North side up around O'Hare and just go like hell.

Last edited:

Anthonysg0113

I wouldn't go over 55 pulling a TP60 if my job depended in it...., wait it does! We had a driver pulling a trailer one time have it come loose. That's all one of us needs is THAT happening/// that's stupid. We get paid by the hour.