"I can't drive 55"!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It would be dismissed.

Hmm, I must have missed the part where you have any past experience in the area of policework, or being a judge.

I tried to keep up, too.

If it's a violation, and it goes to court, a judge wouldn't dismiss it. He might reduce it to probation, butbhe wouldn't eliminate the ticket.

Stop being so obtuse

oldngray

nowhere special
I have heard of people getting tickets for 1 mph over the limit and fighting it. They lost. BS but the law is the law. Normally cops do give you a cushion but if one writes you up there is little you can do except pay.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In my car I drive the speed limit, if I'm on a long trip I might drive a little over on the interstate but never more than 5 miles over the limit. At work I drive a couple miles under the limit.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I drove 55 in my feeder tractor and made 5-10 grand more ( every year ) than the other drivers with the same route. it's wasn't hard especially with Sirius radio.

if all you clowns wanna lose a million dollar job for speeding , go ahead.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
In my car I drive the speed limit, if I'm on a long trip I might drive a little over on the interstate but never more than 5 miles over the limit. At work I drive a couple miles under the limit.

Omg! Your the guy who drives in the passing lane and just hangs there. Forever!!!

MaceFremonti

It's funny that now that I have been in feeders for a few years my "default speed" at which I cruise when I am all by myself is about 55 mph both at work and when I am off. I don't even think about it. I'll be cruising along, glance at the speedo and it's dead on 55.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It's funny that now that I have been in feeders for a few years my "default speed" at which I cruise when I am all by myself is about 55 mph both at work and when I am off. I don't even think about it. I'll be cruising along, glance at the speedo and it's dead on 55.

In the package car. I just can feel 55 mph. I don't need to look. It makes a sound or a feel I know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Really?
They can write you up for "excessive speed" which is anything over the posted speed limit.

If the judge dismisses it wouldn't that undermine the cops?

The judge is gonna protect his homies.

Try to keep up.

Hmm, I must have missed the part where you have any past experience in the area of policework, or being a judge.

I tried to keep up, too.

If it's a violation, and it goes to court, a judge wouldn't dismiss it. He might reduce it to probation, butbhe wouldn't eliminate the ticket.

Stop being so obtuse

An "offender" with an otherwise clean driving record who receives a ticket for going 1 mph over the limit will have the ticket dismissed and the officer who wrote the ticket would receive a "talking to" by the judge for wasting his time.