I challenge you all

vantexan

OK, if you say so. Oppression is personified in Fred S, and "conflicted" is personified in your various reactions to being oppressed. Me, I'm an angry bastard about it, and I wouldn't put Smith out if he was on fire and I had to use a rake. At least I'm clear on where I'm at with FedEx, and I'll be retiring here in the USA, because I worked my ass off to always have a second income.

Sigh, we aren't oppressed. Lied to, screwed over, hardly oppressed. And I've repeatedly challenged them over what they are doing in meetings in front of coworkers. I've identified myself several times here and was called a fool by R1a for doing so because surely they'd get rid of me. Still here. The oppressors must be waiting to spring a big surprise on me. But I'm a poor man with health issues so I take what's doled out while making exit plans. The time has come to move on. You'll still be railing against a system you can't beat but if that's your idea of a great retirement go ahead. I can tell you about places with great climates, beautiful scenery, established English speaking expat communities, modern communications, and yet you'd rather stick with a declining country that's too expensive, has massive debt, crappy weather and predatory employers. And you call me "conflicted"!!

vantexan

Van, go whereever you're going and be at peace. I can't stand for what you believe in. However, we still live in America for the time being. I for one don't agree with your views, but you have been where we've all been at and will think of you a brother for as long as I'm alive. Even if you're in some South American country of whatever. I'd rather go to the shooting range with you in your retirement in the US of A. But, the cards aren't there in this day and age. I think this is a sad thing. Be easy Vantexan my brother.

Appreciate that, back atcha!

overflowed

All Express employees wake up. Get your heads out of your arrses. If you can't see what's going on, please stay and grovel. I've done what I can, and if you don't see where this is going recently, have at it. I'm talking about all the lurkers on this site. Stop being cattle and give your voice. If you too afraid and are bunch of prussies then be it. But, at least log on here and have a voice if that's all you'll do. I can't believe that these posts get thousands of views but 50 people post. Stick up for you're kids at least, if anything. Are you going to wait 2 or 3 years till they force you to be part time?

hypo hanna

okay I'm going to correct you right there.. the majority of the people on this board do not want the old FedEx Express back - we want Federal Express back. That was the company that treated us right.

We can want the old Federal Express back but that's just not in the cards. FedEx is run by a combination of the institutional investors, the board of directors and executive management. All of whom find it immensely profitable personally to destroy the middle class. There is no effective governor on their greed except an internal moral compass which I see no evidence of or government intervention, and they were bought off decades ago so that isn't happening.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
We can want the old Federal Express back but that's just not in the cards. FedEx is run by a combination of the institutional investors, the board of directors and executive management. All of whom find it immensely profitable personally to destroy the middle class. There is no effective governor on their greed except an internal moral compass which I see no evidence of or government intervention, and they were bought off decades ago so that isn't happening.
yes, sadly enough you are 100% correct.

TUT

Best thing to do these days is find another job, retire or quit.

Totally. I do giggle at a couple there that LIKED it.... It is exactly what they should do for their own good. friend-Fedex, take care of #1. If you hate and are unsatisfied at your job, you owe it to you. This is worse than a girl seeing a jerk guy and thinks she'll change'm, so she gives it a go, puts everything into it, leaves broken because the jerk was still a jerk. And believe me the girl has a better chance than we do fighting our employer for change, since they own all the cards and we none. I agree it's sad, but it is what it is, you'll die old and miserable otherwise, if that is ok with you...

TUT

but when a profit was indeed generated, Express has implemented restructuring expense to coincidentally offset those profits almost entirely.

I'm not even an employee, but a little investor and your last quarter report shows exactly that to me. A bagel in P/L for Express, as seemingly whatever they profited, they were adamant in putting expenses towards it that were exactly the same to paint a specific picture that "see Express isn't profitable". The bagel is a mistake, to me it shows a forced outcome.

I do see that overall the company is looking strong and we should be seeing great quarters soon which such propel the stock higher. Maybe there is some better news in it for you guys once your QTR'ly P/L reaches its new sustained plateau. :) It's possible.

TUT

why the case of giggles? his advice was sage and I'll be retired out of here by year's end

Hah figures, you were good and grats on the light at the end of the tunnel for you. You are right the words are spot on. Pointed at Van and MFE, but they even sound like they are leaving soon to. So perhaps this is old angry man syndrome? But my point is, constantly hating your job day in and out and if you still got a ways to go... Do the right thing for you, look for another job that can satisfy you better. I'd think that is sage like to.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sigh, we aren't oppressed. Lied to, screwed over, hardly oppressed. And I've repeatedly challenged them over what they are doing in meetings in front of coworkers. I've identified myself several times here and was called a fool by R1a for doing so because surely they'd get rid of me. Still here. The oppressors must be waiting to spring a big surprise on me. But I'm a poor man with health issues so I take what's doled out while making exit plans. The time has come to move on. You'll still be railing against a system you can't beat but if that's your idea of a great retirement go ahead. I can tell you about places with great climates, beautiful scenery, established English speaking expat communities, modern communications, and yet you'd rather stick with a declining country that's too expensive, has massive debt, crappy weather and predatory employers. And you call me "conflicted"!!

But van, this is the America that you defend. You know, the Free Market, lowered corporate tax rates, and advantages for the privileged like Mr. Smith, so they can become even more rich and powerful? It's ironic (at least to me) that you support that which has taken so much away from you, and also limited your options.

vantexan

Very ironic indeed.

No, that's y'all's interpretation of what I defend. We need business. We need entrepreneurs. Not all are crooked. Most small business owners aren't crooks but in general most, big or small, are wanting people to work hard for less. There is a limit to what most can pay though. The point of working for a company like FedEx is you work really hard but get rewarded for it. This isn't Walmart. This isn't working at your own nice pace, never breaking a sweat. FedEx used to reward us. For awhile now they've done ok for topped out employees. But they aren't who they used to be and many of us have had hardship due to their greed. That's not what Republicans want, that's what some Republicans want. Some Democrats too. For anyone to rag on Republicans while enriching themselves in one of the most exploitive systems devised, FedEx Ground, they have to have issues I can't imagine.

vantexan

But van, this is the America that you defend. You know, the Free Market, lowered corporate tax rates, and advantages for the privileged like Mr. Smith, so they can become even more rich and powerful? It's ironic (at least to me) that you support that which has taken so much away from you, and also limited your options.

Keep higher corporate rates, keep trying to take more from the wealthy, and they'll get it elsewhere, like taking it out of our hides. Put in a system where business owners, not just big corporations, get rewarded for their efforts and they'll put people to work and expand. Has been proven over and over. But it really grinds on some that the rich are getting much richer while they work hard but don't have the great lifestyle. The single biggest driver in our system is greed. The single biggest impediment is jealousy. Somehow we must get the greedy to control theirselves to some extent, and we must get the jealous to see that they could have more themselves with ambition, and stop worrying about what others have. I don't hate the rich for having wealth, only the actions of some in how they obtain it.

TUT

I have many friends like this. They are repubs, but then also don't like what coprs/WS are doing to them. In general the vast majority of those corp high-ends are repubs. The wise IQ choice is you vote for something that best suits you (you know the 1%'ers do that 100% of the time, hey it's just good business, right?), but don't vote against your reality or someone elses needs. We all do that and you get a true majority result, which is another core value of mine. I have friends that are staunch repubs, get several kick backs that are liberal based (seemingly they don't recognize that) and for some crazy reason they dream of a day when they will be super rich so that repub alignment or theirs would make most sense. Crazy, but I still love'm.

I recall a recent mixer where I was having a nice conversation with a lady. It was very much about openness, choice etc, we didn't talk political aligment for quite a while. However when it did come up and she found I was more liberal aligned than conservative, she couldn't recover. Immediately a wall came up and she started shunning me. Another point to my point of "People are different, respect it". I had no problem continuing on, but she must have pegged me as a progressive conservative and was ok with that, but when she found out... she just shut me down. That is the stupid part of politics, some avg-joe people will actually push you out entirely if you don't align, as if our blah blah will actually matter. I wouldn't be surprised if us dumb poor folk over do this, while the actual representative talk it during the day, but then laugh together well into the night at their black tie events.

TUT

We need business. We need entrepreneurs.

Every reasonable person believes that, political alignment doesn't dictate that. What it does dictate is where the line is drawn and who it favors more. Since I believe 2 persons are greater than 1 person. You can quickly come to which way I slant. To me at the end of the day we are all living and breathing and have the same vitals, instead of me>>>>>>>>>>you, it is better us. We shouldn't forget simple basics. The better answer to any social question is the one that helps more, not less. You obtain that, you are moving your civilization forward.