I could have sworn I smelled doobage....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
And I was right!

A8C3893B-EAC0-4F12-A20B-D3EE6E319556-9172-00000FBB4AA326D2.jpg

A48400EC-071C-4D8E-AD89-473DD0297208-9172-00000FBB53E58CE5.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You just know some clown on this forum is going to pipe up and say, "I called the cops."

soberups

Doesn't everybody in Oregon have pot growing in their backyard?

Well I dont, but I know of at least 15 houses on my route that do. Its pretty easy to get a medical card here that allows you to grow small quantities for personal use. Problem is, the people that grow it legally become targets for criminals that try to rip them off. One more reason why the crap ought to just be completely legalized at both state and federal levels. I am no fan of weed, and I think its "medical" value is a bit exaggerated, but I do feel that adults should have the right to choose, for the most part, what substances they wish to ingest into their bodies.

barnyard

KTM rider
Pretty sure that growing weed is legal in Oregon.

Being 100% serious.... my wife and daughter would probably benefit from medicinal weed and have looked into where it is legal and if it would be worth moving. My oldest is working on her PhD in Washington and the youngest is pursuing a degree in teaching. The teaching license that she is getting would allow her to teach in Oregon. I was a stay at home dad and and planning on being a stay at home grandpa. Where ever my daughters end up settling down, chances are, my wife and I will move to where they are.

I have been sober for 23+ years and the internal debate that I have been having is whether I could maintain my sobriety with medicinal weed around. The youngest has Celiac's really, really bad. She came home stoned one night and ate 5 bowls of cereal and slept like a baby. It has been years since she ate like that. I can see the benefit, but.......

That all said. Even though I am sober, I love, love, love to joke about weed. It turns out, my daughter thought that the joking was tacit approval.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doesn't everybody in Oregon have pot growing in their backyard?

Well I dont, but I know of at least 15 houses on my route that do. Its pretty easy to get a medical card here that allows you to grow small quantities for personal use. Problem is, the people that grow it legally become targets for criminals that try to rip them off. One more reason why the crap ought to just be completely legalized at both state and federal levels. I am no fan of weed, and I think its "medical" value is a bit exaggerated, but I do feel that adults should have the right to choose, for the most part, what substances they wish to ingest into their bodies.

This is the real reason it isn't legal. It's too easy for people grow themselves and the government won't get their share that way.

loadfaster

When my dad was dying of cancer, it did help his appetite some. It also helped with the anxiety and depression, at least until it wore off. But I was, and continue to be, all in favor of medical marijuana. For those who are using it for those reasons, whatever makes what time is left a little easier, a little better cant possibly be a bad thing. Take it from me.

trickpony1

If alcohol and tobacco were discovered today they would be controlled substances.

No one says anything about the devastation both of these drugs cause.

So it's okay to go home and drink a pint of whiskey and beat the wife but;

it's not okay to go home, smoke a couple, eat a package of Oreo cookies and watch Sesame Street.

There's something fundamentally wrong there.........

soberups

Pretty sure that growing weed is legal in Oregon.

Being 100% serious.... my wife and daughter would probably benefit from medicinal weed and have looked into where it is legal and if it would be worth moving. My oldest is working on her PhD in Washington and the youngest is pursuing a degree in teaching. The teaching license that she is getting would allow her to teach in Oregon. I was a stay at home dad and and planning on being a stay at home grandpa. Where ever my daughters end up settling down, chances are, my wife and I will move to where they are.

I have been sober for 23+ years and the internal debate that I have been having is whether I could maintain my sobriety with medicinal weed around. The youngest has Celiac's really, really bad. She came home stoned one night and ate 5 bowls of cereal and slept like a baby. It has been years since she ate like that. I can see the benefit, but.......

That all said. Even though I am sober, I love, love, love to joke about weed. It turns out, my daughter thought that the joking was tacit approval.

Growing weed is only legal in Oregon if you have a medical card...which can be easily be gotten with a note from your doctor and payment of a small fee.

Posession of less than one ounce was decriminalized in 1973, and is a civil infraction (like jaywalking, or not having a license on your dog) with a max fine of $500 and no jail time. As a practical matter, small amounts of pot are cheap and easy to obtain and there is no real risk of any sort of criminal consequences.

I too am sober and I too like to joke about weed, but I also see its dark side. It is not the benign, harmless drug many make it out to be. I know many long term, chronic abusers of marijuana who have been profoundly affected with intellectual impairment, apathy, depression, laziness and other issues. Its certainly not as toxic as alcohol or "hard" drugs, but like anything it is harmful when used to excess.

I know people in recovery who have gotten cancer or other painful afflictions who were faced with a choice between medical marijuana or powerful prescription narcotics. In a "pick your poison" scenario like that, I can certainly see where marijuana would be the less harmful option.

barnyard

KTM rider
I know people in recovery who have gotten cancer or other painful afflictions who were faced with a choice between medical marijuana or powerful prescription narcotics. In a "pick your poison" scenario like that, I can certainly see where marijuana would be the less harmful option.

I would choose weed also. A couple of friends have and another was in a Marinol trial at Mayo clinic. The kid in the Marinol trial did not lose weight during chemo and maintained a fantastic appetite. Unfortunately, his cancer was way too aggressive for treatment and he passed. His days were way more comfortable with weed (even in pill form) than without.

Johney

This is the real reason it isn't legal. It's too easy for people grow themselves and the government won't get their share that way.
While this may be true with the low income people, I would bet that the rich and just plain lazy people would still buy it giving the government their cut.

W

want to retire

Growing weed is only legal in Oregon if you have a medical card...which can be easily be gotten with a note from your doctor and payment of a small fee.

Posession of less than one ounce was decriminalized in 1973, and is a civil infraction (like jaywalking, or not having a license on your dog) with a max fine of $500 and no jail time. As a practical matter, small amounts of pot are cheap and easy to obtain and there is no real risk of any sort of criminal consequences.

I too am sober and I too like to joke about weed, but I also see its dark side. It is not the benign, harmless drug many make it out to be. I know many long term, chronic abusers of marijuana who have been profoundly affected with intellectual impairment, apathy, depression, laziness and other issues. Its certainly not as toxic as alcohol or "hard" drugs, but like anything it is harmful when used to excess.

I have never tried weed, never smoked anything. A very lite drinker. I think "stoned" people seem pretty impaired to me. At least in my experience. I believe it can be a gateway as well as cigarettes, alcohol. Not always. We don't need weed any more available. Medical use is a whole other story.