I dialocad my elbow I am a preloader in my last week of probation

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Uri, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Uri

Uri New Member

So I dislocated my elbow un job related playing basketball. My right arm will be completely usles for about a month. Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen will I be fired because I haven't completed my 30 days yet. Or would it be possible they would have me scan or split the belt.
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It would be awfully hard for you to split the belt with your right arm in a sling. Scanning would require a second person to make sure the packages are "labels up" on the belt. Since you are still in your 30 days you do not qualify for short term disability and because the injury was not work related you do not qualify for comp. I would hope that your mgt team would work with you to find a way to keep you working but their options are limited.
  4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I would have come in and faked a fall.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

It's preload. Take Aleve and go back to work puss :D
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. root

root Calm down, i'll handle it

And then be written up for not adjusting for changing conditions,dishonesty, and all that.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  8. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I am going to assume you were going to qualify or you would have been let go before your last week. Should let you come back after you heal and either complete your 30 days or maybe start over. Good help is hard to find on the preload.
  10. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

you dialocad your elbow? sounds painful.
  11. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

you can sweep, break jams, scan, small sort and wank it with your left arm. you're all good!!!
  12. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

I had the Usles once in college. Painful
  13. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Not if you play the part well enough.
  14. Uri

Uri New Member

I hope so I have a doc note and my boss said I was doing good at the end of last week
  15. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Be honest and tell them how much you like them and your job (little white lies are OK).
    Ask them if they can let you come back after it is healed.
    Good luck.
  16. SafeYARDdog

SafeYARDdog Member

Talk to the HR as well since your boss might say alright then throw away your doc note.
  17. Yeah, no....

Talk to your sup and they may work something out with you. Like others have said good work is hard to find and if you're doing a good job they might work with you. If I had a new guy that was working hard and doing a good job I would do what I could to keep him.
  18. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You don't work for UPS and you have been proven to be a liar. Don't tell this person to throw away their doctor's note or they might end up like you, NOT EMPLOYEd BY UPS!
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. rod

rod retired and happy

I could tell a couple of stories about stuff like that happening but I better not.
  20. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Faking an on the job injury is an excellent way to get fired and leave a black mark that will follow you the rest of your life. I've seen it happen at UPS.