I dialocad my elbow I am a preloader in my last week of probation

Uri

So I dislocated my elbow un job related playing basketball. My right arm will be completely usles for about a month. Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen will I be fired because I haven't completed my 30 days yet. Or would it be possible they would have me scan or split the belt.

Indecisi0n

ralph-wave.gif

sucks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It would be awfully hard for you to split the belt with your right arm in a sling. Scanning would require a second person to make sure the packages are "labels up" on the belt. Since you are still in your 30 days you do not qualify for short term disability and because the injury was not work related you do not qualify for comp. I would hope that your mgt team would work with you to find a way to keep you working but their options are limited.

PT Car Washer

I am going to assume you were going to qualify or you would have been let go before your last week. Should let you come back after you heal and either complete your 30 days or maybe start over. Good help is hard to find on the preload.

Uri

I am going to assume you were going to qualify or you would have been let go before your last week. Should let you come back after you heal and either complete your 30 days or maybe start over. Good help is hard to find on the preload.
I hope so I have a doc note and my boss said I was doing good at the end of last week

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I hope so I have a doc note and my boss said I was doing good at the end of last week
Be honest and tell them how much you like them and your job (little white lies are OK).
Ask them if they can let you come back after it is healed.
Good luck.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Talk to the HR as well since your boss might say alright then throw away your doc note.
Yeah, no....

Talk to your sup and they may work something out with you. Like others have said good work is hard to find and if you're doing a good job they might work with you. If I had a new guy that was working hard and doing a good job I would do what I could to keep him.