I do not care anymore!

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Hired off the street (big expansion in the area), made seniority right away with benefits and they had me hooked.

..... and yet, somehow, you have not told us this (nugget of information) approximately 537 times.....

Simply amazing!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
He sounds like a whine ***.

Now Dave, if we're gonna be playing English Professor in the forums, we had best lead by example; wouldn't you agree?

n4KO7PX.gif

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I tried once during last peak. Then I realized I had no where to toss it and the on road supervisor was due to meet up with me very soon. So I figure I rip the bag open on the asphalt and let the rain take care of the rest. I ripped a hole in the bag but the piss wouldn't squirt out. Not wanting to risk squeezing the bag harder with my hands and getting piss all over myself I decided to set the bag on the floor and jump on it.

Big mistake.

The bag twisted under the pressure of my foot and the pee sprayed all over the leg of my pants. I stood in the rain until the supervisor showed up hoping the rainwater would wash the pee away.
This is the future of a once great company
SMH!!!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I don't care anymore either, like the op stated there is no allowance for taping pkgs, waiting for customers to come to the door to help them with a heavy pkg, I make crappy dr's all-day and don't even knock half the time, that I'm still not fast enough

ski or die

Ski or Die
Almost every driver that I ever knew reached the point of not giving a rats butt about anything anymore at sometime in their career.. Some of them way earlier than others. It all depended on how they were treated/ignored/belittled/ chastised and told daily what a lousy employee they were. A person can only hear about what a POS he is so many times before he says---you know what--its worthless to even try anymore. Once they reach that point there is no going back to becoming an interested/involved employee. For me it was about 20 years into my career that I said to myself--screw it----I ain't working here one day longer than I have to (30 years).
I worked exactly 30 years to the day. Started my vacations and personal days and it worked out to the very last day of the month. Didn't tell them my plans until 2 weeks before the final date. Received my pension check the following day. After about 3 weeks of vacation, I knew I wasn't going back. In no time at all, my mental aspect on life improved greatly. My family could tell the difference after I got away from UPS. Pension is great, but definetly had to earn it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am just serving out my time towards my retirement. I do not care about service, quality of work, damage packages, crushed or open packages, dirty packages, or anything to delays me from going home. I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE!

I've often wondered if that exact phase isn't hanging on the walls in Atlanta. You know....like in the form of one of those inspirational posters that are usually hanging up in some high school classroom or office of a company that actually cares about their customers.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
36 years in. I do what I do for my personal satisfaction, not concerning myself with trying to hit numbers. I used to think the world if my job, now it's a paycheck. I hope to be leaving soon, but started my family late, so I may have to stay longer than I anticipated. The sad thing is, the way the company is set up to operate now, it actually encourages not caring. Do what you do because it's the right thing to do, screw the rest.

Rain an, that is the attitude that has been growing for the last 5 years.

Ecw21411

I don't care anymore either, like the op stated there is no allowance for taping pkgs, waiting for customers to come to the door to help them with a heavy pkg, I make crappy dr's all-day and don't even knock half the time, that I'm still not fast enough
Same here and I also don't care anymore