I don't see why a union employee at ups would get harassed unless they deserve it.

DainGrant

This kid was sold a dream pt sup and doesn't kno what's coming behind it. Well enjoy your easy life kid because when you Get that job I promise you, you will be coming back here to post how much your life has become a living hell when your not performing to their ridiculous standards engineered by some physco in IE who has never delivered a package or loaded a package car.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Re: I don't see why a union employee at ups would get harassed unless they deserve it

Ok no more nuggets. BUT, do you not think they would go to a seasoned person, with experience in different aspects of the company to be a supervisor, as happens in most companies? Why do they go to the newbies? Guess go ahead. Because you think it is a recognition of your work, your ability, your promise of a bright future as a leader. Strike three, you are OUT.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: I don't see why a union employee at ups would get harassed unless they deserve it

I don't think I was ever asked to be a PT SUP. I must not have been a good enough worker. Whew

Dodged a bullet there

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

You obviously havent been working here long enough,not a driver,or genuinely stupid as can be if you dont think everyone doesnt get harassed at work especially most of it from the fake made up numbers. yeah the fake numbers that are almost unhumanly impossible to meet most of the time. Im just shaking my head at your idiotic comments. Go ahead and be a supervisor and sell your soul to the devil and if u act like the same way you do with your comments dont be surprised if you ever get punched in the mouth for acting that way. Me personally i kick them in the kahunas when they send me out with an idiotic dispatch and load. Its the closest thing i can do without actually doing physical harm to them which im sure alot of dudes would absolutely love love love to do

didyousheetit

The only people I see at UPS who get harassed are the people who are genuinely lazy and the people who have been there for long and think they can do whatever they want and don't want anyone telling them what to do without feeling inferior.

If you have made probation and are working at an ok pace, I guarantee you that you won't get harassed unless you're doing something foolish. I don't think there is anything hard about any job at UPS, they are all easy to me. I just got offered the opportunity to become a supervisor yesterday, I'm glad that they recognize my hard work, I'll take it.

UPS is the best company in the world, don't you agree?
Is that you Scott Davis?

Bizzob232

2nd generation UPSer
Don't listen to Hoax! I agree with everything you say, and I think you will be an awesome sup!!!

Oh , I agree wholeheartedly with Over9five. I think you will be an awesome sup. And when you get your degree from York College( a fine outstanding school, on par with Wharton), the sky is the limit. Just think , we are probably conversing and chatting with the future CEO of UPS in this har forum.

Oh, and remember, if you still get the itch to drive, you can hop right out of the part time sup gig and into a package car or even a tractor trailer if you want(the company will pay for your C.D.L. training). These and many more scenarios are just part of the perks and privileges of being part of management at UPS.

The world is your oyster and you aint even know it yet.

Seems fishy. And troll-y

jaker

trolling

Why are we telling him not to be a sup , that is the perfect job for him . Do you really want this guy to stay your brother

go for it kid I hope they hire you

nicky

Whats funny is in our building they have to get on roads from other parts of the country... NOBODY will take the job. Lets put it this way in 10 years in my center I have had 12 center managers and 45 on roads.... You dont see any reason because you have no grasp on actual reality, which is probably why they rushed to get you into management. They need to send you to Atlanta and shop vac out the part of the brain that uses logic and reason as part of problem solving.

laffter

I was offered some sort of pt slime sup position (something having to do with routes, not a belt sup) in the first three months of my employment. The sup offering me the chance at it told me some of the negative aspects- no free health insurance, few opportunities for advancement, etc. Anyway, I turned it down. I'm glad I did. Back then, I didn't know another negative aspect of such a position- when you are hired into management at UPS (or probably any other company that uses union workers), they can "force" you to perform any function they desire. Oh, you were hired to work on routes? Well, now they need a new belt sup, and guess who's going to be one?

Two part-time sups were hired outside of the company just a few weeks before I came in. They're the two I know of, anyway- there may be more. Those two are no longer working for UPS. One of them quit months ago to work at a car dealership. The other left a couple of weeks ago because this part-time salary bs wasn't cutting it, and the amount of bs from above wasn't worth it.

As a union worker, your level of harassment depends on the people above you. But, you can choose to ignore it, as long as you're doing what you're instructed to do. In management, you will be hated by everyone. By the employees you supervise because you're an a-hole, and by the management above you because you aren't meeting their candyland numbers.

In my building, the title of your thread is somewhat accurate. But, it depends on the supervisor. I've seen harassment on a part timer who was pretty lazy and bad at his job. I've seen part time sups who were just a-holes in general, and would harass anyone who wasn't "fast enough". The two I'm thinking of (not the two previously mentioned) are also not with the company anymore. I'm still here...