I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

capitalism is a system which makes a small segment of the population very rich at the expense of the rest of the population who are poor or have relatively little.

CoQZNGFXEAAkAUu.png

Overpaid Union Thug

capitalism is a system which makes a small segment of the population very rich at the expense of the rest of the population who are poor or have relatively little.

CoQZNGFXEAAkAUu.png
Yet this country, which is more or less a capitalist country, STILL has a large middle class and a "lower class" that is the envy of millions of peole around world that are ACTUALLY poor and don't have the government subsidizing them.

Check out @DaveRamsey's Tweet:

rickyb

Yet this country, which is more or less a capitalist country, STILL has a large middle class and a "lower class" that is the envy of millions of peole around world that are ACTUALLY poor and don't have the government subsidizing them.

Check out @DaveRamsey's Tweet:
your tweet contradicts what you said though. i say america is a capitalist country with heavy state intervention aka subsidies and other give aways.

i dont think other developed countries envy your economy. the middle class is shrinking, and the poor are growing. on top of that, the other developed countries take care of their poor better than you do.

and all of that isnt justification for the fact that the system works to serve a small minority at the expense of the many.

Overpaid Union Thug

your tweet contradicts what you said though. i say america is a capitalist country with heavy state intervention aka subsidies and other give aways.

i dont think other developed countries envy your economy. the middle class is shrinking, and the poor are growing. on top of that, the other developed countries take care of their poor better than you do.

and all of that isnt justification for the fact that the system works to serve a small minority at the expense of the many.
There is no contradiction. We have a form of capitalism where the lower class is subsidized by the upper and middle class and tax dollars that we don't have enough of.

And the "poor" (99% of which live better than ACTUAL poor people in third world countries) can sit in their "free" or subsidized homes/apartments and eat "free" food, and order from Amazon on their high speed internet while taking breaks from Pokemon Go and Facebook on their high end cell phones.

When they get bored with any if that they can hop in their Nissan Maximas and go to Sams club and load up on sugar and other crap food in bulk and continue to worsen their, and their kid's, type 2 diabetes......ALL at the tax payer's (and printed money) expense.

As for your shrinking middle class claim..... It's actually true. But mainly because so many people are moving up from the middle class into the next tax bracket. So, I guess it's a bad thing for people to progress in their careers and lives? LOL.

rickyb

There is no contradiction. We have a form of capitalism where the lower class is subsidized by the upper and middle class and tax dollars that we don't have enough of.

And the "poor" (99% of which live better than ACTUAL poor people in third world countries) can sit in their "free" or subsidized homes/apartments and eat "free" food, and order from Amazon on their high speed internet while taking breaks from Pokemon Go and Facebook on their high end cell phones.

When they get bored with any if that they can hop in their Nissan Maximas and go to Sams club and load up on sugar and other crap food in bulk and continue to worsen their, and their kid's, type 2 diabetes......ALL at the tax payer's (and printed money) expense.

As for your shrinking middle class claim..... It's actually true. But mainly because so many people are moving up from the middle class into the next tax bracket. So, I guess it's a bad thing for people to progress in their careers and lives? LOL.
whatever. i call your system state capitalism. its definitely not free market capitalism. the government very strongly shapes the direction of the economy.

i think your being optimistic regarding free food, free housing, and ordering :censored2: and whatever. i wouldnt want to be poor in my country, and i defintely wouldnt want to be poor in yours. if your poor, which would be less than $17/hr or so, you cant afford alot of stuff. btw, the tax system in america is described by david cay johnston as niagra falls in reverse meaning the poor and middle class are subsidizing the rich. have you seen wall street bailouts and the trillions upon trillions that were spent on them alone? what about the 1.5 trillion that the government spends on military empire every year which the war profiteers feed off of?

if your going to criticize anyone getting money from the government, first and foremost it should be the rich, and then after thats fixed, take a look at the poor.

i dont dispute being poor in america is better than the third world...whoop dee doo.

your probably one of the few people on the forum who actually believes things are getting better economically.

on top of that your name "over paid union thug" says alot about you and expectations. keeping peoples expectations low is one way they keep you under control.

regarding unhealthy food, put a tax on it and then people will consume less of it. if corporations want to make unhealthy food and profit off of it, they should pay for part of the social cost for it as well. ditto for big oil. and get teh government to stop subsidizing the meat / dairy industry.

Overpaid Union Thug

whatever. i call your system state capitalism. its definitely not free market capitalism. the government very strongly shapes the direction of the economy.

i think your being optimistic regarding free food, free housing, and ordering :censored2: and whatever. i wouldnt want to be poor in my country, and i defintely wouldnt want to be poor in yours. if your poor, which would be less than $17/hr or so, you cant afford alot of stuff. btw, the tax system in america is described by david cay johnston as niagra falls in reverse meaning the poor and middle class are subsidizing the rich. have you seen wall street bailouts and the trillions upon trillions that were spent on them alone? what about the 1.5 trillion that the government spends on military empire every year which the war profiteers feed off of?

if your going to criticize anyone getting money from the government, first and foremost it should be the rich, and then after thats fixed, take a look at the poor.

i dont dispute being poor in america is better than the third world...whoop dee doo.

your probably one of the few people on the forum who actually believes things are getting better economically.

on top of that your name "over paid union thug" says alot about you and expectations. keeping peoples expectations low is one way they keep you under control.

regarding unhealthy food, put a tax on it and then people will consume less of it. if corporations want to make unhealthy food and profit off of it, they should pay for part of the social cost for it as well. ditto for big oil. and get teh government to stop subsidizing the meat / dairy industry.
You have NOOOOOO idea what ACTUALLY being poor is like. Go live in southern Mexico for a month and you'll see just how well off the "poor" have it here.

rickyb

You have NOOOOOO idea what ACTUALLY being poor is like. Go live in southern Mexico for a month and you'll see just how well off the "poor" have it here.
poor americans being relatively better off than poor mexicans is NOT justification for capitalism; a system which funnels wealth from the many to the few.

Overpaid Union Thug

poor americans being relatively better off than poor mexicans is NOT justification for capitalism; a system which funnels wealth from the many to the few.
Poor Americans are far more than "relatively" better off than poor Mexicans. Or most Mexicans for that matter. And the only wealth being funneled is from the rich and middle class to the lower class (I dare say lower "tax brackets" because most of them don't even pay). You are pretending that everyone is being stripped of their money and its being funneled up to the rich. Stop talking outta your ass and learn the truth.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And the only wealth being funneled is from the rich and middle class to the lower class
Your hard earned money goes to people that barely, or don't even try to, work to better themselves. Unless you count endless hours of online shopping, browsing social networking sites, and...OF COURSE....Pokemon Go as work.
Some of it does.
Some of it also goes to helping those who are genuinely in need.

Do you honestly believe, as you posted, that money is only being funneled downward? I mean come on man, you really just don't get it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Some of it does.
Some of it also goes to helping those who are genuinely in need.

Do you honestly believe, as you posted, that money is only being funneled downward? I mean come on man, you really just don't get it.
So, something like 50% of the country is subsidized by the government (really you and I) and you think only "some" of that money goes to freeloaders? LOL?

It's obvious that YOU don't get it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They spend our money.

Please don't preach like Obama that 43 million people getting food stamps is boosting the economy .

Nothing is for free... young man.
I'm not preaching, don't try to derail by bringing up Obama or dismiss me by calling me young man.

Big business LOVES welfare, and food stamps, and all forms of government assistance. At the end of the day, their profits depend on it. You can complain about non working freeloaders, but that's only half of it. The big picture is we're also subsidizing corporate profits because that's where the money spent ends up.

That's my whole point, the money isn't just flowing downwards like he suggested. It's flowing outwards in both directions, all from the middle class.