I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

I'm not preaching, don't try to derail by bringing up Obama or dismiss me by calling me young man.

Big business LOVES welfare, and food stamps, and all forms of government assistance. At the end of the day, their profits depend on it. You can complain about non working freeloaders, but that's only half of it. The big picture is we're also subsidizing corporate profits because that's where the money spent ends up.

That's my whole point, the money isn't just flowing downwards like he suggested. It's flowing outwards, all from the middle class.
Young man wasn't meant as an insult.
The poor are living better than the so called middle class.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Young man wasn't meant as an insult.
The poor are living better than the so called middle class.

Not eating as well as the scum suckers

image.jpg

rickyb

Poor Americans are far more than "relatively" better off than poor Mexicans. Or most Mexicans for that matter. And the only wealth being funneled is from the rich and middle class to the lower class (I dare say lower "tax brackets" because most of them don't even pay). You are pretending that everyone is being stripped of their money and its being funneled up to the rich. Stop talking outta your ass and learn the truth.
im not pretending it is.

if the economy was improving in america as you foolishly believe, why are people so pissed off in america right now, doing strange things like voting anti establishment candidates such as trump or bernie sanders? and in trumps case, hes a neo fascist going after vulnerable segments of the population.

the fact is wages havent risen since 1973, theres been record corporate profits, and america is losing jobs to third world countries where there are no regulations and they can pollute all they like, and the workers earn 50 cents an hour. even people who love capitalism understand this. since the 2008 financial crisis most of the new jobs are low paying jobs.

its strange when you talk about welfare you always go after the poor people first. why not go after the banks first? i think your under control

Last edited:

rickyb

a big news story came out the other day that in 65% of developed countries (or something) wages are either flat or falling. capitalism bringing misery for more and more people. and with global warming, we can see that it never truly worked, it just appeared as if it did.

rickyb

great episode. they talk about the millenials being the first gen in american history to have a lower standard of living than the previous one.

they talk about the new low wage economy, high student debts and low rates of new small biz start ups, automation, neo feudalism and capitalism.

gerald celente is one of my favorite conservatives.

rickyb

Italy has the most worker cooperatives in Europe which is an alternative economic system to capitalism, where its 1 worker 1 vote at the job. Italy has the most worker coops because they have a law called the Marcora Law which says if you can find 9 unemployed people, the Italian government will give you your EI in a lump sum so you can start a worker coop together.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I'm not preaching, don't try to derail by bringing up Obama or dismiss me by calling me young man.

Big business LOVES welfare, and food stamps, and all forms of government assistance. At the end of the day, their profits depend on it. You can complain about non working freeloaders, but that's only half of it. The big picture is we're also subsidizing corporate profits because that's where the money spent ends up.

That's my whole point, the money isn't just flowing downwards like he suggested. It's flowing outwards in both directions, all from the middle class.

This.

rickyb

i was at mr lube and talking to the mechanic and he told me how he got a job for border patrol or whatever, and im like "your gonna be rich", and he thought i was talking about his job at mr lube and he starts going off on wage slavery and how you can only get ahead if you own your own biz, and how the capitalists give us just enough crumbs to keep us going or whatever.

alot of people think like this about capitalism. even if they dont know the alternative to it.

i was helping our tenants, and they said the same thing.

rickyb

wolff comments on the pathetic economic proposals by hillary and trump. staggering worldwide inequality. the falling real wage and how americans coped (hint = denial + extend and pretend), alot of topics. he finishes by saying that the american empire may be the shortest one in history. and he makes the case for coops the alternative to capitalism.

rickyb

so i am a fuel truck driver right now, and it is another industry which has been ruined by capitalist corporate BS.

i fill up at the refineries and they just changed their "safety" rules this year. so basically if you forget to put on your seatbelt, your automatically banned forever across the country, and therefore lose your job.

if you forget to put on your hard hat or eye goggles, you get a 1 week suspension or something. from the time of the incident and 1 year from that date, if you overfill your truck (which is quite easy and common) you are banned forever. theres also no explanation why overfilling the trucks is such a big deal, because the computer automatically cuts it off anyways. the penalties are so severe that i honestly dont think they thought it through enough. but when it comes down to it, i think its all about $$$$$ > a decent life for people.

so, we let these corporations trash the planet and they cant even give us secure employment. we are unionized, and im not aware of teh unions doing anything to stop this unethical system. a fine would be more just, but even then you are taking from the poor and giving it to the rich.

theres a few other industries which have been ruined: the big railways, i dunno about UPS because i dont konw if it was better in the past or not but it was awful when i worked there.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

so i am a fuel truck driver right now, and it is another industry which has been ruined by capitalist corporate BS.

i fill up at the refineries and they just changed their "safety" rules this year. so basically if you forget to put on your seatbelt, your automatically banned forever across the country, and therefore lose your job.

if you forget to put on your hard hat or eye goggles, you get a 1 week suspension or something. from the time of the incident and 1 year from that date, if you overfill your truck (which is quite easy and common) you are banned forever. the penalties are so severe that i honestly dont think they thought it through enough.

so, we let these corporations trash the planet and they cant even give us secure employment. we are unionized, and im not aware of teh unions doing anything to stop this unethical system. a fine would be more just, but even then you are taking from the poor and giving it to the rich.

theres a few other industries which have been ruined: the big railways, i dunno about UPS because i dont konw if it was better in the past or not but it was awful when i worked there.

I don't see a thing wrong with any of those rules.