I.E. is at it again!

At our PCM this morning we were told about the new service we offer!(wait,thought we stopped servicing customers a year or so ago?) But anyway,now for a fee customers can dictate within a two hour window when their parcel will arrive!(Hey I.E.-How my dictate?) SERIOUSLY?!!! Its so not fair...ever since Ringling Brothers stopped hiring,you clowns got hired here. Guess this is UPS' version of bag fees. Whats next Bozo?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At our PCM this morning we were told about the new service we offer!(wait,thought we stopped servicing customers a year or so ago?) But anyway,now for a fee customers can dictate within a two hour window when their parcel will arrive!(Hey I.E.-How my dictate?) SERIOUSLY?!!! Its so not fair...ever since Ringling Brothers stopped hiring,you clowns got hired here. Guess this is UPS' version of bag fees. Whats next Bozo?

This new service has nothing to do with I.E.
This is because of Marketing and really UPS customers have been asking for this for many years. We have had many large customers complain about this lack of service for their end customer.
Our customers want the same type of service for On-Call pickups as well.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Honestly, I don't believe it !

Some days it's hard to get all business off by 5, no way can UPS ever guarantee any delivery other than NDA in a 2 hour window !

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is old news, they are called SADR accounts. Not sure how much they pay for the service but every package shipped to them must be delivered by the later end of their "time window". Nationally Gamestop is a HUGE SADR account, so again this is not really a new development, but maybe UPS' "sales team's" (LOL) are now more actively pursuing these types of accounts so that there can be any type of consistency to their delivery schedules

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Does this mean our stop counts will go down????? I clocked out at 8:30 tonight, its been getting ridiculous with the route cutting and over dispatching.

John19841

Does this mean our stop counts will go down????? I clocked out at 8:30 tonight, its been getting ridiculous with the route cutting and over dispatching.

We need an automatic triple time after 9.5 / 10 hours clause in the next contract. We should not to file a grievance to get that. It's excessive overtime any way you look at it, and the company knows it...why else would they agree to the language we have now if they didn't? We should not be filling out a grievance form every week, it should be included in our paycheck just as overtime is. Making it too expensive to keep us working these ridiculous hours is the only way to fix it. They're not going to care that we have no family life; as long as the bottom line keeps improving. I've clocked out just before 9 the last two nights. Today I got a 'nice break' and got to clock out at 8.

John19841

This is old news, they are called SADR accounts. Not sure how much they pay for the service but every package shipped to them must be delivered by the later end of their "time window". Nationally Gamestop is a HUGE SADR account, so again this is not really a new development, but maybe UPS' "sales team's" (LOL) are now more actively pursuing these types of accounts so that there can be any type of consistency to their delivery schedules

Reading the original post it appears that this is not SADR. It's not dictating a time for 1 certain company that has to set up the account like that, the OP makes it sounds like it will be individual to a shipment. In other words, an option you can select when shipping a package, just like signature required.

satellitedriver

But anyway,now for a fee customers can dictate within a two hour window when their parcel will arrive!
Customers dictating? -(never gonna happen)-
Hell, with the last minute add/cuts, we are damn lucky to get the pkg's in the allotted cars and make basic service.
Customers expecting reliable service is what this business was built upon.
Now, reliable service seems to need a premium price.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just another "service" that UPS won't be able to live up to. One of many nowdays. I wonder how they are going to record late deliveries on this one. Closed- Holiday should work.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Sounds like UPS will be giving out more warning letters when we fail to meet this, as always it wont be due to mgmt. it will be the fault of the drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why don't we all wait until we see the specifics of this new service offering before dismissing it? It wasn't too long ago that the cable company was "we'll be there sometime between 9 and 5" and you had to sit all day until they showed up at 4:59. Now they offer service appointments with a two hour window.

Companies within the service sector must be willing to adapt in order to remain competitive.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have many ground accounts that have to be delivered by 10:30 a.m. Is this what we are talking about? It's easy to do, IF THE DISPATCHER DOES HIS/HER JOB!!! That has not been my experience. But, it is because our dispatcher would rather play poker on the computer/sleep with his eyes open while staring at the computer, that do his job. If they dispatched correctly, we could easily service our customers with a smile.:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is not what we are talking about. We are talking about a new service offering where, for a premium, residential consignees can set up a two hour delivery window for delivery. I am on vacation so have not had a chance to hear or read the specifics but I have to assume that this would be for signature required packages only. Yes, we do offer SDWC, but we all know how inconvenient this can be. We also try to indirect their packages but we all know of consignees who prefer that we not do this.

As I said above, we should all wait until we get more information on this service before dismissing it as unworkable.

bigbrownhen

Ok, first response is "great, another commit time for me to deal with". Now, lets look to see how it can be done.

A two hour window? This would require alot of area knowledge by management and dispatch. Actual knowledge, not looking at dots on a screen. That address may be on my route, but another truck may be closer at that specific time of day. Communication between drivers and management is a must, and we all know how that goes. Cooperation as well, driver to driver and management to driver.

Communication and cooperation? Wouldn't that be nice.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Honestly this doesn't sound like any big deal. There's no place on my current route that I can't drive to in 5-10 minutes, and I think the same is probably true for most business/ in town routes. I could see it being an issue on some country routes, but that's not where this service is targeted.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You would be shocked to see the ladies with nice cottages at the end of a dead end road in east bejesus that would love to see their pottery barn delivered between 12-2.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You would be shocked to see the ladies with nice cottages at the end of a dead end road in east bejesus that would love to see their pottery barn delivered between 12-2.

Are they willing to pay extra for this?

I would be curious if we would not be allowed to make a delivery attempt until the two hour window. If we are in that neighborhood and see the consignee is home do we attempt the delivery or do we have to come back later.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They might love to see it, but will they pay for it? In most cases probably not, or they would have just ordered it NDA and guaranteed delivery before 1030/1200.

menotyou

bella amicizia
They might love to see it, but will they pay for it? In most cases probably not, or they would have just ordered it NDA and guaranteed delivery before 1030/1200.
Where I live NDA's can be delivered anytime. Just had an NDA delivered at 6:34 p.m. last night. These ladies, one's family last name is the same thing you did on an old rotary phone and they made soap, don't care about money. They will pay for NDA and premium delivery. Its the same up and down the river(St. Lawrence) and the lake(Lake Ontario).