I feel like i should be making more as a part timer of 9 years.

Ilovetoast

Hello fourm!!
I'm a part timmer and have been employed at UPS for 9 and half years. I have my skilled dollar for being a pick off. I'm currently making 17.12 an hour.

I feel as if my pay is to low.. is there any one on these boards making the smillar wage working here 9 years??

Thank you for your help!!!

UPSGUY72

Hello fourm!!
I'm a part timmer and have been employed at UPS for 9 and half years. I have my skilled dollar for being a pick off. I'm currently making 17.12 an hour.

I feel as if my pay is to low.. is there any one on these boards making the smillar wage working here 9 years??

In 5 years you will be making almost $21 hr, still have your pension and free healthcare.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
...while I understand your feelings on this, why aren't you adding in the cost of the bene's and pension? At 9 1/2 years this will be your 3rd contract. Plenty of time to do simple math to figure out if the job is worth it. Why are you now concerned about it? And like UPSguy said, you'll be making $21 an hour, have a pension, and benes at the end of the next contract. Add in the cost of the pension and the bene's and you'll hover around $40 an hour. Good scratch if you ask me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello fourm!!

I feel as if my pay is to low.. is there any one on these boards making the similar wage working here 9 years??

Funny ... but I smell a troll.

quamba 638

I don't have a problem with the wage. I just don't get why a full-time person doing the same exact job gets top dollar just because they go FT? Other than that I'm all smiles.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't have a problem with the wage. I just don't get why a full-time person doing the same exact job gets top dollar just because they go FT? Other than that I'm all smiles.
If you have more than 200 punches in a year as a utility/TCD driver then UPS is suppose to make a fulltime spot. They get the top dollar pay because a fulltime job is suppose to support a family. A part time job isn't. The job was created for students and people who wanted a little extra money.

Ilovetoast

Funny ... but I smell a troll.
Hahah I insure you i'm not a troll.
The reason why I put this question on this forum is because I find it very discouraging knowing the pick off next to me who has 11 years is making 20.50. He tells me because he was hired in a good contract. When I reach my 11 years in 14 months I'll only make around 18.50.... That's 2 dollars less then him at his point. That is very frustrating to think about!

As a real part timer who has put a lot into this company, I really hope to see a bump in pay this next contract.

Living in Los Angles dose not help... The coast of living is sky high here, I'm barely making it by.

Thanks to all that replied!!

Stratocaster

Find another job that has a pension, free bennies for all your dependents, and pays you 17.12, for PT work.

I hate when you guys say stuff like that. Did you take into account where he lives? $17 an hr in California doesn't get you half the stuff as it can get you in most of the southern states. I live in a state where a 1600sf house typical go for 400,000 to 500,000....how many people can say that??? The COLA is not the same if every state.

rudy5150

Part timers should start around $15 an hour. After 10 yrs at UPS part timers should make $25 an hour. Its back breaking work!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Part timers should start around $15 an hour. After 10 yrs at UPS part timers should make $25 an hour. Its back breaking work!

More reasonable.
Part timers should start at $12/hr and should quit after 4 years.
No one should be lifting and lowering like an Inside Worker does for more than 4 years.
That's why UPS tries to hire only college students.

pretender

More reasonable.
Part timers should start at $12/hr and should quit after 4 years.
No one should be lifting and lowering like an Inside Worker does for more than 4 years.
That's why UPS tries to hire only college students.

When I was hired as a part timer I started at $4.70 per hour and I had to show proof that I was going to college.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Find another job that has a pension, free bennies for all your dependents, and pays you 17.12, for PT work.

These people just don't understand a PT Job isn't forever OR A CAREER

I hate when you guys say stuff like that. Did you take into account where he lives? $17 an hr in California doesn't get you half the stuff as it can get you in most of the southern states. I live in a state where a 1600sf house typical go for 400,000 to 500,000....how many people can say that??? The COLA is not the same if every state.

Your benefits working PART TIME more than outweigh your pay !!! I work 50 hours a week PLUS, and you get the same benefits as me !!!! That's the crime !!! lol

Cry me a river !!!! If you are not happy, GO TO WALMART !!!!! Ask them about their free healthcare for employees !!!! :whatever:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I think 17 an hour for PT with these benefits is fair compensation. I think if you truly didn't agree you would have found something better by now.