I find access points to be somewhat rude to the customers

margaritaville

I don't like flaming UPS very often since i think we are way better than all other delivery services but i'm not feeling the access points setup. As a cut driver they usually pop up for me when i try to ni1 poor apartments with no offices. So i have to write that it will be left at the UPS store NXA since its mandatory.

The thing is the people in these type of apartments may lack GPS skills and a vehicle since its poor apartments. So it will probably just confuse them and they'll miss out on their package.

They need to tweak this so it only comes up on attempt 3. Or the the customer can check the box that they would prefer it left at UPS store when you come back for attempt 2. I just think it being mandatory after attempt 1 is lazy since we are a delivery service.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I don't like flaming UPS very often since i think we are way better than all other delivery services but i'm not feeling the access points setup. As a cut driver they usually pop up for me when i try to ni1 poor apartments with no offices. So i have to write that it will be left at the UPS store NXA since its mandatory.

The thing is the people in these type of apartments may lack GPS skills and a vehicle since its poor apartments. So it will probably just confuse them and they'll miss out on their package.

They need to tweak this so it only comes up on attempt 3. Or the the customer can check the box that they would prefer it left at UPS store when you come back for attempt 2. I just think it being mandatory after attempt 1 is lazy since we are a delivery service.

In my center we are forced to send packages to APs that are miles away from the address. I had three APs on my route last year, all of which quit the program because of various problems. Once again, another (arguably) good idea by UPS executed in the worst way possible.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Hate to say it but work as directed. Don't want to be accused of actually giving a crap about the customer.

Future

Victory Ride

Possibly .... A telemated phone call to them.....directing them to where their pkg has been left

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The town I deliver in is the furthest from the building, so subsequently we were the last to go live on AP's. Evidently we went live last week with all NI1's prompting you for an AP at the UPS Store. We only have one UPS store in town so that's are spot regardless. I do think that UPS misrepresents it to our customers. When it was first presented to us by UPS it seemed as though it was gonna be an option that the customer could request. Well that has been ignored and it has been mandated on all NI1's unless the shipper won't allow or it's an adult signature only. My center manager and OnCar both agree that infanct it provides lower service to the consignees. Unfortunately one problem(send agains) solved, has resulted in another problem(angry customers). Go figure, but as of now I overide them as customer not requested. My OnCar said that works for him.

Savvy412

My ap hates me. I always have to explain like. Don't blame me dude .. You signed up to do this . You think I like lugging these packages here .

No one ever picks up their packages . Then he gives them back to me. Then back out for delivery then back to him

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Customers rarely if ever thoroughly read the info notice. For example, a few weeks ago I had a set of golf clubs for a lawyer in a multiple suite office building. His office is Suite 430. He was out of the office so I indirected them to Suite 450. I wrote "Golf Clubs at Suite 450" in the info notice. Later that afternoon as I was making the UPS Store pickup I noticed him walking out with the info notice in his hand. He had gone there to try to figure out where his golf clubs were. As he approached the pkg car I told him where I had left his golf clubs and it was like a light bulb went off in his head. I thought I had been fairly precise with my directions but I guess not.

The folks at the UPS Store told me that people go there all the time with info notices in hand trying to find their packages.

Holydriver

If these poor folks have internet and money to order stuff online they can probably find their way to the access point...

sportsjock

I had three APs on my route one quit the second day when one driver tried leaving way to many packages. The second AP got to over zealous and he took everything and finally got overwhelmed with all of the cover drivers just dropping off tons of packages and OWTS.

My primary AP a Pizza Shop is dialed in. The customers goes and get their packages right away. Very seldom do I receive aged out packages back. I do however refuse the big packages that others try and send to the AP. The space is too small. All my AP packages mostly comes from other routes. I rarely send packages to the AP