I find access points to be somewhat rude to the customers

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Access Points would be great if people signed up for them. They don't . We cram them down their throats to save money on send agains. They're mostly seen in urban or poor areas where the culture is a bit different than areas where APs aren't needed. Not all, but many of the people residing in the ghetto half my route is in, treat other people disrespectfully, have entitlement issues and regularly threaten other people. As such, working at an access point isn't fun. The owner of my access point can't keep employees since he became an access point. They last a few weeks and quit. He doesn't care. He'd rather make the 50 cents a package. He also attaches his business advertisements to the packages.

Savvy412

I was thinking about it the other day, and I was like well this is better than going to the same house three times.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I don't like flaming UPS very often since i think we are way better than all other delivery services but i'm not feeling the access points setup. As a cut driver they usually pop up for me when i try to ni1 poor apartments with no offices. So i have to write that it will be left at the UPS store NXA since its mandatory.

The thing is the people in these type of apartments may lack GPS skills and a vehicle since its poor apartments. So it will probably just confuse them and they'll miss out on their package.

They need to tweak this so it only comes up on attempt 3. Or the the customer can check the box that they would prefer it left at UPS store when you come back for attempt 2. I just think it being mandatory after attempt 1 is lazy since we are a delivery service.
tick_green.png

Indecisi0n

I use the love the look on the customers face when I told them their grill from yesterday's attempt was at Grandma's deli 15 miles away. All I say is call this 1-800 number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you dont believe in ap you are born before 1975

I don't think anyone disagrees with the concept behind the program. As we all know, UPS makes money on the first attempt, breaks even on the second and loses money on the third. We reduce our send agains while the customer can go to the Access Point and pick up the package at their convenience. However, the main problem for most of us is that UPS is not giving the customer the option of whether they want to have us reattempt at their home or redirect to an AP.

Thankfully I live in an area where I won't have to deal with Access Points any time soon.

9.5 everyday

My ap hates me. I always have to explain like. Don't blame me dude .. You signed up to do this . You think I like lugging these packages here .

No one ever picks up their packages . Then he gives them back to me. Then back out for delivery then back to him
The best is when you get a message on your Diad saying" pick up so and so's package at AP and reattempt."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't like flaming UPS very often since i think we are way better than all other delivery services but i'm not feeling the access points setup. As a cut driver they usually pop up for me when i try to ni1 poor apartments with no offices. So i have to write that it will be left at the UPS store NXA since its mandatory.

The thing is the people in these type of apartments may lack GPS skills and a vehicle since its poor apartments. So it will probably just confuse them and they'll miss out on their package.

They need to tweak this so it only comes up on attempt 3. Or the the customer can check the box that they would prefer it left at UPS store when you come back for attempt 2. I just think it being mandatory after attempt 1 is lazy since we are a delivery service.
GPS skills?

clean hairy

Surepost is a lower cost option for shippers?
Does a Shipper select Access Point for a lower price, or is it something UPS decided to do?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If you dont believe in ap you are born before 1975
It's not the year in which I was born that is my biggest advantage, it's the 20 years of experience I have interacting with our customers that is. AP's are a great option for our customers and another tool that can be used in our quest to provide the best service and better ways to accomplish that. The problem isn't the option, the problem is that apparently we're making the decision for them. Besides if AP's really were about eliminating send agains then why doesn't UPS allow us to leave wine at AP's. Also I feel that MyChoice is something far more beneficial for the customer, so why don't we mandate its implementation by the customer. If it really is about better service and all.

Savvy412

I had a lady scream at me because of a AP

She was yelling that she doesnt have a car and how the friend is she going to get her package. So..me being the dumb nice driver I am..went and got it for her..

#stupidways. But I think being nice to customers on a bid route always comes full circle. I wave at everyone and im nice to everyone. Some how itll help me one day

I had a lady scream at me because of a AP

She was yelling that she doesnt have a car and how the friend is she going to get her package. So..me being the dumb nice driver I am..went and got it for her..

#stupidways. But I think being nice to customers on a bid route always comes full circle. I wave at everyone and im nice to everyone. Some how itll help me one day
It's sucks,but we don't have a choice