I find it comical...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by abstractthought, Apr 26, 2012.

1. abstractthought

abstractthought New Member

...when you hand the diad to someone so they can sign and they try to turn it around. Wonder what makes them think we woundn't hand it to them the correct way...
  2. splozi

splozi Guest

'cause you hand it to them upside down.
  3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Every character on the keyboard is upside down to them at first reaction. Hand it to someone who has signed more than twice and you won't see them try to turn it back around.
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Wrong. Been on my route for weeks now and the same people turn it over time and time again. At this point I don't even say anything to them. I let them sign it upside down and input the name.
  5. browndog123

browndog123 New Member

What about when you say,"just need your last name" and they sign their whole name. Or they just look at you with a quizical look on their face.
  6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

They are confused by diad two. It faced the other way.
  7. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

You are not using your methods. You are supposed to maintain control of your DIAD(although very hard to do). It's always been that way. I have more problems with them hitting the sig button before they sign.
  8. abstractthought

abstractthought New Member

I hold it most of the time. Some of them still try to turn it around. On a side note though, I also find it funny when people try to give me usps packages
  9. CharleyHustle

CharleyHustle Active Member

Man, I'm glad I don't deliver in Kentucky.
  10. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

it's not comical, it's a design flaw
  11. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

One of my cover guys will never let go of the DIAD. My customers tell me he has a death grip on it.
  12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You must still be using the DIAD 4. The new DIAD has a big UPS emblem on the screen that shows the correct orientation. As far as people doing the same thing over and over, that's not the DIAD fault, that's plain stupidity.
  13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

We're using DIAD 5 now and that issue is resolved. You can pretty much do everything from the touch screen barring you're not wearing gloves. The only problem I've seen is when the screen is active at night and you place it in the holder after a stop, the screen lights up the entire cab. It's brighter than my cabin light, and is actually a distraction. Also when delivering at night and you look at the screen, after you turn away I get the same dilated pupils like I've been staring at a cars headlights. Yeah, it's that bright.
  14. BlackCat

BlackCat Member

The flashlight works pretty well..
  15. DiadDude

DiadDude Member

A new version of the software should be coming to your center this year with an auto-dimming screen feature. Hopefully it helps with this problem
  16. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Yep, I shine that in my eyes to dilate my pupils. Works great!
  17. djkre8r

djkre8r Member

I found it comical last week when a guy went to sign and it looked like crap. He asked if I could erase it and let him start over. I said "you can, just shake it like an Etcha Sketch". Then he shook it. Managers at Wal-Marts! LOL
  18. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Shorts with built in pockets would help also since the hard sided ones we have now interfere with the seat belt. Most of us carried it around in our jacket pocket while it was cold for this reason.