I finished an appointment.

BrownNinjaz

I don't know if i did good. I didn't see pre-load listed on their jobs site, but I chose day and made an appointment. However, they called me before they started to hire and I told them I wanted pre-load and they said they would call me in a day or two but never did. So I made an appointment and then I met someone and everything went fine. At the end she told me what shift I wanted and I said Day. Finally, I changed my mind and went back to tell her I wanted pre-load.
She said "OK, I will update .blah blah blah" <-- I forgot what she said after.

Hopefully I will be OK, and get hired soon. Even though I messed up a bit in the interview .

I start my classes at 5:30-6:00 pm, so Day won't do good for me. :|

klein

Für Meno :)
Not that I work for UPS anymore.
But, a job that has different shifts... and you really want to get into...
You just say... "any shift is fine with me, I'm flexable !"

Thats what they wanna hear.... atleast from what I know, from any job hunting researches I have done.

BrownNinjaz

They know that I am a college student. ^_^
She said which one would be convenient for me.
I told her I go to class at 6:00 pm until 9 pm. I chose Day.. then I changed my mind to pre-load

Because I need to shower and eat something before I go to college. Day shift is Sunday to Thursday at 12:30 pm to 3:30-4:30 pm. However, on holiday we will get out at 5:30 pm, and I have class for Fall at 6:00 pm.
The program I am taking is only available in the evening.

So what should I do? wait two weeks and if they don't call, I should call them? I really need the job ^_^

cino321

For now I would take whatever shift is available. Start working, who knows maybe you'll like working the shift you are assigned to.

If not, then express interest in the preload with HR, and maybe they will help you out.

I think once you do start, you will have an opportunity to go into the preload. That shift usually has the highest turnover, so it shouldn't be a problem finding a spot for you.

cino321

It has been my experience that the night sort, or the metro as we call it, has the highest turnover.

I wasn't aware that Lugo was going to work in your building.

Maybe tomorrow when you're under the manager's desk performing your pretrip you can pull a few strings and get him a job.

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't care really care about the fighting on here. But, with so many unemployed and willing to work, every company has an advantage of whom they may want to hire.
And flexabilty plays a big role.

So Lugo, I hate to disappoint you, but I doubt you will get prefered over someone esle, that has more spare time to work, and less stress, and commentments.
It's a employer job market now. They pick and choose. And they are picky !

SWORDFISH

We only have preload which load the trucks in the am and nights wich unloads the trucks when we come in. Preload is the worst position IMO.

tieguy

Banned
I wasn't aware that Lugo was going to work in your building.

Maybe tomorrow when you're under the manager's desk performing your pretrip you can pull a few strings and get him a job.

Look tranham ! an escalation taking place. Please rush in and save us before this gets nasty.

BrownNinjaz

Only Day and night were available on their jobs page. I told the HR that I really need this job to pay for my college.
She seemed so kind to me. She shook my hands twice because I had to go back to change shift. Plus they called me before they were hiring, so they know that I wanted Pre-load as I told them I want pre-loading.
I will wait... I guess I am going to try to find myself another job until then.

SWORDFISH

How is my answer any different from yours? We both gave our opinions on the subject.

Cause at his hub preload has a higher turnover

Cinos center alternates on which shift has the highest turnover but usually its the preload as to allstateNY that has always has the highest turnover in the night sort. Also the preload and night sort are 2 different shifts in my center.
:peaceful:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Only Day and night were available on their jobs page. I told the HR that I really need this job to pay for my college.
She seemed so kind to me. She shook my hands twice because I had to go back to change shift. Plus they called me before they were hiring, so they know that I wanted Pre-load as I told them I want pre-loading.
I will wait... I guess I am going to try to find myself another job until then.

That is funny because the twilight is taking "extensions" right now ( offering people on other shifts to work/double shift).