I found out I'm pregnant what benefits am i entitled to?

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't get any time off with my first one (happened during peak and was just rookie enough to believe their BS about not being able to spare anyone) and maybe only a couple days off with the second. The husband taking any amount of time off just wasn't the norm back then.

Funtimes

I'm just looking to see how much time I could get off and not lose benefits.

No pay is fine that's why I said a leave of absence.

MAKAVELI

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I wish I could get pregnant.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1420860913.284095.jpg

Careful what you wish for

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
According to the comments on that article, she still does. It seems she wanted light duty, was denied and forced to go on Fmla because she could not physically do her job during her pregnancy.
My point being, if simply being pregnant were considered a disability in NY (unless the.law has since changed) she could've gone on disability....not unpaid leave.

She was in my local,..she doesn't work for UPS anymore.

MAKAVELI

My point being, if simply being pregnant were considered a disability in NY (unless the.law has since changed) she could've gone on disability....not unpaid leave.

She was in my local,..she doesn't work for UPS anymore.
Was she fired or did she quit? If you are on Fmla, your employer cannot fire you. She would qualify for Fmla during and after her pregnancy. I don't know about NY but in CA you do get paid up to 6 weeks, both mother and father for bonding time. Women also can be placed on disability before and after the birth in CA.

MAKAVELI

I just looked it up and NY has short term disability for pregnancies as well. So UPS could not legally fire her because of her pregnancy.