I got a full 20hour vacation check for no reason.

eplaner

I did not schedule any vacation nor i have any vacation. on my paycheck entitlement, the VAC are is 0.00. But I received a vacation check just one week before my 3rd year hits.

I've been working at ups for 2 years and only qualify for 1 week of vacation. I've took the vacation back in September 2013. When july 18th hits. I will be at my 3rd year. Which is when my vacation should reset and getting 2 weeks of vacation.

Do you guys think that vacation check is going to count towards my VAC hours? And only getting 1 week vacation hour instead of 2 week vacation when july 18 hits.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I did not schedule any vacation nor i have any vacation. on my paycheck entitlement, the VAC are is 0.00. But I received a vacation check just one week before my 3rd year hits.

I've been working at ups for 2 years and only qualify for 1 week of vacation. I've took the vacation back in September 2013. When july 18th hits. I will be at my 3rd year. Which is when my vacation should reset and getting 2 weeks of vacation.

Do you guys think that vacation check is going to count towards my VAC hours? And only getting 1 week vacation hour instead of 2 week vacation when july 18 hits.
Depending on your supplement...you get 2 weeks vacation after 2 years. And many buildings choose vacation picks for that year in January...if not a few months before.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't have to wait until your seniority date to get your vacation. Only on years that you get an additional week. All other years all vacation can be taken at any time.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
sounds like someone wearing a tie picked your vacation for you.
It was probably picked for you because they messed up & didn't let you pick it during the last vac. selection period.
If it's a live check, hold onto it (don't cash it). Check your contract supplement & with your steward/union hall to make sure you're entitled to it (you probably are), and if you should be able to schedule a week off (where seniority/staffing allow it, if you want).

Nimnim

The Nim
It was probably picked for you because they messed up & didn't let you pick it during the last vac. selection period.
If it's a live check, hold onto it (don't cash it). Check your contract supplement & with your steward/union hall to make sure you're entitled to it (you probably are), and if you should be able to schedule a week off (where seniority/staffing allow it, if you want).

The only other thing I'd suggest, and contacting your steward/hall might end up doing it for you, is asking for a payroll inquiry from management for it.

Otherwise I'm in full agreement.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Here's what I need you to do.
I will be sending you a PM, so check your in box immediately.
In this message will be my home address.
Endorse said vacation check and mail it to me.
I will take care of everything from there.
Save my address in case this happens again next year.
I'm here to help.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I got overpaid so many times while working for UPS I lost count. The first time it happened I told my supe and he never said anything about it. Up until the fifth time I kept letting my management team know about it but nothing ever happened. When I started driving I got top rate for the first three months until they finally caught it. Never had to pay any of it back.

When I started clerking, I got Beltman pay which was a job that was abolished years before I became a clerk. Beltman pay was more than what a driver made at the time. Still nothing came of it. I couldn't count the overages that I received while working. Just bank it.

BrownChoice

Now that Im netting 8-900 a week just started driving, i dont know how i made things work first starting part time... This was years ago of course... Lol