I Got a Raise!!

Schweddy

Balls
idk what "by the book" is saying.. missing the "match"?

I have my 401k set to 30+%.. the less our income is, the less tax we pay.

bacha29

The situation is a reflection of growing disparity between the value X offers and the value it demands in return. Some day soon there were be a tipping point where nobody is willing to try to bridge the gap between the two. It will serve them right. X management is determined to move ahead of UPS and USPS to become number one in the industry but right now it doesn't recognize or concern itself with the future repercussions.

By The Book

The situation is a reflection of growing disparity between the value X offers and the value it demands in return. Some day soon there were be a tipping point where nobody is willing to try to bridge the gap between the two. It will serve them right. X management is determined to move ahead of UPS and USPS to become number one in the industry but right now it doesn't recognize or concern itself with the future repercussions.
Sounds like now may be a good time to consider organizing. You may not win the battle but you may win the war! Gotta stand up to the bully at some point.

dex 84

What's that? Six city blocks?

It was getting home around 7 hours later on Christmas Eve this year in my area. They probably would've only had like 3 or 4 more hours worth of work than us if we weren't missing so much freight that was due the 24th this year. Oh well...

McFeely

Huge Member
Then again you don't have the UPS workload so I guess it is a wash.

I used to see this UPS'er at one of my regular pickups at the end of the day, usually my last stop. During peak on a day where I had done about 150 stops, he and I were there at the same time again. I was waiting on the customer to finish labeling some packages and offered to help the UPS guy load his outbound while I waited. He had done the same number of stops as I did, but had to go back out to finish up 70 more deliveries that night.

friend that noise. Somedays I feel pretty damn busy but by that time of day I'm pretty wiped.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I used to see this UPS'er at one of my regular pickups at the end of the day, usually my last stop. During peak on a day where I had done about 150 stops, he and I were there at the same time again. I was waiting on the customer to finish labeling some packages and offered to help the UPS guy load his outbound while I waited. He had done the same number of stops as I did, but had to go back out to finish up 70 more deliveries that night.

friend that noise. Somedays I feel pretty damn busy but by that time of day I'm pretty wiped.

When I was courier, I had 6 UPS drivers in my territory. Most of them had a couple of blocks, and basically drove from driveway to driveway or dock to dock. No on-calls, nothing but the same route day after day. Yes, they have more packages, but they aren't bouncing all over town chasing on-calls, close times, and multiple service levels.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was courier, I had 6 UPS drivers in my territory. Most of them had a couple of blocks, and basically drove from driveway to driveway or dock to dock. No on-calls, nothing but the same route day after day. Yes, they have more packages, but they aren't bouncing all over town chasing on-calls, close times, and multiple service levels.

We also have on-calls, multiple service levels and closing times to deal with.

By The Book

Regardless your routes are tight, we might only have 90 stops on the truck but we are running.

Besides that in major cities and highly populated buisness areas each companies routes are pretty similar
I would say you guys hustle just like we do. I think the express guys on average drive more miles than we do, and drive...a little faster than we do. I would say express doesn't have near the piece count or stop count on average as a UPS driver. The Fedx ground guys have the piece count on the delivery side, but not as much to p/up as the UPS driver. UPS does have all those time commitments that Fedx has. UPS doesn't have a/c, I do know that. I also see some express guys who have like 2-3 hours of down time around noon before they do pickups. I'm sure that's not everyone but I think it's that way because express covers so much area?