I got another question.

boyo1991

Hey guys, I got another question.. I prefer to ask this to the community rather than supes cuz I want to remain open. Buuut:

If Im at preload unload for let's say my first 4 weeks and nobody's told me anything different, is it safe to say I'm pretty much always unload?

Sorry for all the questions guys just looking for answers.

P.s. I really like unload so I hope I don't move from it haha

Sent using BrownCafe App

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
They can move you...but you should be able to stay due to seniority. If they have someone in the aisle that has less seniority than you (but has already passed their training period...key here) then you should be able to stay. Either way, work as directed and file if you have a case.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hey guys, I got another question.. I prefer to ask this to the community rather than supes cuz I want to remain open. Buuut:

If Im at preload unload for let's say my first 4 weeks and nobody's told me anything different, is it safe to say I'm pretty much always unload?

Sent using BrownCafe App
It depends where they need bodies....and depending on which local...working 4 weeks doesn't mean you made book yet.

browntroll

as long as you dont mess up, and make book. i have seen a few ppl that got traded back
and forth between preload and unload when they began, does depend where they need ppl.

UPSGUY72

Sent using BrownCafe App

NO

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I remember back in the early 90's the sort isle was THE place to be. I was there and it was awsome. Don't know what has changed to make you want to stay in unload. It also bumperpd your pay rate $1 an hour. I worked half as hard as I did unloading trailers and I had this red button in front of me I could push if 2 many packages were coming at once. I hit that button All the time!!! It was great. Management would freak the friend out. But I just put that s hook in and said it was unsafe. Lol. Those were the good old days.

browntroll

It's easy, brain dead work.
it used to be a few years ago, might still be depending on hub and shift. ive been going to unload
more recently and its not what it used to be but neither is preload. in the unload now they get on me about using loadstands, keeping one side of trailer clear, hand to surface, bending at the knees, thats just the safety reps which call pt sups on me when i dont listen. now you have the
pal system where all these ppl scanning flip a lid when u even send one box upside down and start yelling for a sup saying you do it on purpose( i do). still alot less annoying then preload sups though.

Cementups

Box Monkey
it used to be a few years ago, might still be depending on hub and shift. ive been going to unload
more recently and its not what it used to be but neither is preload. in the unload now they get on me about using loadstands, keeping one side of trailer clear, hand to surface, bending at the knees, thats just the safety reps which call pt sups on me when i dont listen. now you have the
pal system where all these ppl scanning flip a lid when u even send one box upside down and start yelling for a sup saying you do it on purpose( i do). still alot less annoying then preload sups though.

These other hourlies should not be "telling on you" to supervisors. Teamsters don't rat out Teamsters.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's easy, brain dead work.

Mentally easy, but physically hard. The hardest job at UPS in my opinion. I don't know what the op is unloading, or what kind of great piece of equipment he's using to unload trailers, and what kind of saint of an unload supervisor he's got for him to like unloading trailers. And where I'm from, the equipments are terrible, supervisor is terrible, everything is terrible. Thats why I havent switched to the preload yet, the bastards would throw me into the unload very quickly after seeing how I unloadedtrailers last peak while doubling.

boyo1991

My unload supe is firstly amazing. He's one of the best supervisors I've ever had honestly lol. And I work out a lot, and don't mind the physicality of it because I feel like I just get another workout.. Plus going as fast as you can you don't even think about what time it is.. Its over as quick as it starts... Like a girl on prom night hahaha

Sent using BrownCafe App

Four weeks is not a career. And yes I love my job also, but I know it could all change next Monday. Don't limit your options. Always look ahead to what other jobs are available

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My unload supe is firstly amazing. He's one of the best supervisors I've ever had honestly lol. And I work out a lot, and don't mind the physicality of it because I feel like I just get another workout.. Plus going as fast as you can you don't even think about what time it is.. Its over as quick as it starts... Like a girl on prom night hahaha

Sent using BrownCafe App

Boy, wait for winter to come. You will be crying for your fingers, you could even wear 10 gloves.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And your opinion is based on your extensive knowledge of the other jobs at UPS??

I am pretty sure unloading is the only job at UPS that you have ever done.

Aren't you the kid that doesn't even know how to drive a car?

I've done many jobs at UPS besides driving. I would have to say my opinion is actually flawed because I haven't done every job at UPS.

How long ago did I post that I didnt have my driver's license? About 8 months ago. This should answer your guestion - I got my cdl permit and on track of getting my class b before I turn 20.

Re-Raise

I've done many jobs at UPS besides driving. I would have to say my opinion is actually flawed because I haven't done every job at UPS.

This is the first post in which you have said something that I agree with.

Understanding that you don't know much at 19 years old would be a good starting point for you.