i got rush delivery. why is it gonna take 4 daysl

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jovitasopita, Nov 17, 2009.

1. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

i oredered something from fleet feet on sunday and paid extra for rush delivery i would of expected to get on the 18th if anything. now its saying the ninteteenth becasue of in trasit rescheduled. what is going on?!?!? i need my shoes to wrestle! and at the moment it is already in california why will it take 2 more days.
    ridiculous!!

what can i do???
    whats the reason?
    and i know it was shipped on the 16th.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

May I suggest you PM the tracking number to dannyboy? He should be able to answer all of your questions.

3. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

whos dannyboy?
    i will try

4. UpstateNYUPSer

You can also post the tracking number here (if you feel comfortable doing so) and we will all try to help you. The only problem with that is it is possible to get your home address when we track your package which is why I suggested PMing dannyboy.

5. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

yeah thats a little iffy. ha. i just messaged him i thik thats what u meant

6. UpstateNYUPSer

Yeah, that's what I meant. Please tell him I said "hi".

7. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

ha will do

8. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

ups customer service number??

do they have one?

9. Dustyroads

Dustyroads New Member

Re: ups customer service number??

The real question here is, do they have a customer service department?

10. UpstateNYUPSer

1-800-742-5877

11. Dustyroads

Dustyroads New Member

If it were me, I'd say a little prayer, throw a box of salt over my left shoulder, and take a xanax before calling that number. Best of luck, anyway.

12. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You said you put a rush delivery on it. What was it shipped as by the shipper?

Next Day
    Next Day Saver
    Second Day
    Third Day
    Ground

IF the shipper didn't ship it Next Day or Second Day then you SOL

13. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

im not sure where i can find that on the website
    when i called fleet feet they just told me that ups changed the date and they had no involvement so basically i couldnt do anything.. not really sure

14. Dustyroads

Dustyroads New Member

If you will post the ninth and tenth digits of your tracking number, any upser will be able to tell you what service level your shipper purchased when shipping the package. If the digits are 01, for example, that is a next day air package that will be delivered before 10:30 am. If those numbers are 03, then it is a ground package and will be delivered on a schedule dependent on the distance in zones from the shipper and receiver.

15. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

if you have the tracking # go to UPS.com and type in the number in the tracking section. It will tell what class it was shipped

16. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Fleet Feet probably fills a trailer before the packages are shipped, then UPS switches the outbound date to coincide with when the trailer starts to move. Or maybe I don't have a clue.

18. Dustyroads

Dustyroads New Member

02 is a second day air. It should arrive two WORKING days after it was shipped. For example, shipped Tuesday, arrives Thursday. Shipped Friday, arrives Tuesday. If it were misrouted somewhere, then discovered, there must be an EXCEPTION listed as to why it is late, or/and in some cases, it is upgraded to make service.

19. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

it says
    2nd day air

20. jovitasopita

jovitasopita New Member

also it just arrived to a city 2 hrs away from me.
    why is it going to take til the 19th?