I Got terminated for 3 missed packages no scan's.

slmdre

I was wondering if i could get my job back but my Union Rep said i got diquailified. I Made my 30 days as a TCD and i was wondering was i suppose to get a verbl warning or write up before termination. They told me i will have to return to the warehouse. Is this possible? They said if i was to go to the panel i would lose.

I was wondering if i could get my job back but my Union Rep said i got diquailified. I Made my 30 days as a TCD and i was wondering was i suppose to get a verbl warning or write up before termination. They told me i will have to return to the warehouse. Is this possible? They said if i was to go to the panel i would lose.
Why didn't you scan them?

over9five

Staff member
Did they not train you? You understand the problem, right? Three packages not only had no attempt, but our customers tracking them had no information at all. You have to be ultra-organized to be a driver, it's not for everyone.
At least you still have a job!

over9five

Staff member
You gotta know how bad that looked. It's called "stuffing packages". You hide the packages you don't want to deliver.

Not saying you intentionally did that, but that's what they're thinking. They don't want a driver who doesn't deliver his packages, and then hides them instead of recording them as missed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You gotta know how bad that looked. It's called "stuffing packages". You hide the packages you don't want to deliver.

Not saying you intentionally did that, but that's what they're thinking. They don't want a driver who doesn't deliver his packages, and then hides them instead of recording them as missed.

My guess is there was some deal to give him work after peak and cut prior to the 30 day qual. I've seen it happen here.

slmdre

1 package wasent, but the other 2 i put the in as not find. I delivered to my last stop which were apartments than when i got back i had a audit then those 3 no scans. i just made seniorty. For tcd

over9five

Staff member
If you already made your 30 days seniority, then they can't just disqualify you.

Was it a "real" 30 days? I think here, it has to be 30 consecutive work days - no gaps. Inside that 30 days, they can disqualify you for anything.

slmdre

so if i made my complete 30 days and im a tcd they just cant disqualify me? I asked another Union Stewwart and he said i agrred to them sending me back to th warehouse and signed the papers but i never signature any paper's not even rts.

slmdre

yea it was a real 30 days ,i had senority and i had to file grievance on my my manager, because he was working people with less senority then me. Then i guess for payback he fired me.

old levi's

blank space

Sounds like blend agains to me. Isn't it strange where they were found.

brownelf

you're lucky to get the opportunity to go back inside, sheeting pkgs as not found rather than missed is sometimes regarded as dishonesty, a dischargable offense. If you really want to be a pkg car driver try it again in a year, but do it by the book like it's supposed to be done. Cause if you don't sooner or later your gonna find yourself right back in the same situation, or worse. good luck

browniehound

You wouldn't be in this situation if you simply sheeted them as missed. I know it would piss your manager off but he couldn't fire you for it. I learned a long time ago there is no reason to "stuff packages". Just sheet them as missed and take the disipline although I have never been disiplined for sheeted packages as missed. Plus, like Over9.5 said our customers have no idea where their package is and that's the worst part. 98% of customers (just a guess) track their parcels these days and want to know where they are.

If you get a second chance, don't get caught with your pants down.

UPSGUY72

So you complete 30 working without a break ?? If you had a day off during your 30 days they can start your 30 days over.

Any ways if you made your 30 days you should be able to get your job back but it all depends on how much you want it. You need to call your BA he or she is the only one that is going to get you your driving job back.

If and when you get your driver job back let this be a lesson sheet every package in your car weather its in your DIAD or not. If the stop isn't on your route you sheet it as missed if you couldn't find a package but found it later in the day go back and deliver it if possible if not sheet it as missed.

DS

Fenderbender
Are you sure you were fired for dishonesty and not bad grammar?
HA...really though,be honest,if you found them when you got back to the building,you should have simply asked a sup if you
should scan them as missed,make it their call.They may send you back out if its resi's,but if not,at least you were honest.