I Got terminated for 3 missed packages no scan's.

rocket man

I was wondering if i could get my job back but my Union Rep said i got diquailified. I Made my 30 days as a TCD and i was wondering was i suppose to get a verbl warning or write up before termination. They told me i will have to return to the warehouse. Is this possible? They said if i was to go to the panel i would lose.
you write a grivance you go all the way with it let the union handle dont listen to anyone

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
So you complete 30 working without a break ?? If you had a day off during your 30 days they can start your 30 days over.
we are required to communicate to the center via the diad when misloads are found. Our version of EDD has the option to send in a 'misload message' in the communication menu. we scan the pakcage,and report if we are able to make service. as a general rule if the package is residential you WILL be required to make sevice on it 'on your way in' . I have made a great deal of easy overtime running misloads that are 10-15 miles off area

Yea, We have it to, inside com. We report the misload and choose yes or no if we can deliver or not. But also have to call it in.
We had a guy fired for not calling in missed pieces but got his job back, it was a wake up call for him they said. I call em in but wonder why sence we also sheet them up through edd. Maybe they can't keep up with all the ODS's??
I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to be the manager getting all these calls. Missed pieces, misloads, etc... by x amount of drivers on top of other issues and calls. I guess all that matters is to follow instructions, and cover your buttocks, but still wonder why and how many other centers have to do this.

We should call our preloader instead. LoL, Hey John, u gave me another misload and I also have some missing pieces that turns out were in my 8000's instead of my 2000's.

Braveheart

well thanks, i thought i could stay driving.

A= you get to keep your job and benes.

B= within 10 days file a grievance.

c= never trust what UPS says. If their lips are moving they are lying.

d=always go through send agains before returning to building.

good luck

satellitedriver

I was wondering if i could get my job back

Yes, you could.
The quandary is should UPS take on the responsibility of allowing you to even drive a pkg car?
So far, I have not seen any evidence, in your behalf.
Honestly,
go flip burgers for a living, and stay off the road.

packageguy

All I can say, if what you are saying, you made book completed your 30 days.
you will have a hearing first if they terminated you. that will determine
what will happen to you. If you did not make book, they will put you back in hub,
with no hearing. good luck

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You know what, on second thought, go ahead a file that grievance. Dont listen to what the steward told you, he does not know the truth about what actually happened, but we do. And since you told us every little detail, and left nothing out, you really ought to file. Hurry up, dont let the clock run out on a timely grievance, file.

Best

d

kingOFchester

Yea, We have it to, inside com. We report the misload and choose yes or no if we can deliver or not. But also have to call it in.
We had a guy fired for not calling in missed pieces but got his job back, it was a wake up call for him they said. I call em in but wonder why sence we also sheet them up through edd. Maybe they can't keep up with all the ODS's??
I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to be the manager getting all these calls. Missed pieces, misloads, etc... by x amount of drivers on top of other issues and calls. I guess all that matters is to follow instructions, and cover your buttocks, but still wonder why and how many other centers have to do this.

We should call our preloader instead. LoL, Hey John, u gave me another misload and I also have some missing pieces that turns out were in my 8000's instead of my 2000's.
And you use your p=own phone?

slmdre

If i file what i write im not used to this i know it's in my way of living but help me out? im 25 trying to get out the hood.

DS

Fenderbender
If i file what i write im not used to this i know it's in my way of living but help me out? im 25 trying to get out the hood.

You know what, on second thought, go ahead a file that grievance. Dont listen to what the steward told you, he does not know the truth about what actually happened, but we do. And since you told us every little detail, and left nothing out, you really ought to file. Hurry up, dont let the clock run out on a timely grievance, file.

Best

d
This is your best chance.Good luck.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
DS

Did you not pick up on the sarcasm? Dang, I must be slipping.

SLMDRE

I am glad and respect you for attempting to leave the hood. The faster you can leave that life behind, the better.

But if you file, you open up a whole can of worms, along with a can of whoop-a$s. The results will very well not be what you are wanting, and once through that process, thats it. No appeal, no part-time job. As 407 pointed out, go back to part time. Reapply for a drivers position again as soon as possible.

And learn from your mistakes. That is the biggie here. So far in all your posts, all we have heard is how mean they were for doing an audit to your truck. Get a life, that is their truck. They are UPS's packages. They can audit you every day, 10 times a day if they feel they have a reason to do so. Yes, you can file on harassment, but if they can show a pattern of why they need to audit you, they can. And by your own post, you gave them several reasons.

What you did appeared dishonest. And whether you actually intended to be or not, all they have to do is present the evidence they have and even from what you posted, you would have a very hard time showing you were not. Any charge of dishonesty is viewed very dimly at the panel. And usually results in an upheld termination. And with dishonesty, you can not draw unemployment.

All you have done is justify your actions, not admitting you did anything wrong or stupid. And as a former steward, I have seen people fired for less. Yeah, some got their jobs back, but some didn't.

IF you can not learn, or refuse to learn from your mistakes, you will never ever be a UPS driver.

Learn from your mistake, and move on.

Good luck

d

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
For starters,stop talking like your from the hood. Go to your center mgr tell him the truth. You were probaly hit by bundle fever..( bundle panic for you newbies ) !! tell him you paniced & didn't think you would make their numbers for the day so you "stuffed them" You know you were wrong and if you give me a chance,I won't stray again and say it like you mean it... The ONLY TWO THINGS YOU HAVE AT UPS IS YOUR SENIORITY & YOUR INTEGRITY !! Your mother gave you the later,,don't ever lose that!!!! Good luck kid!!

UPSGUY72

Call your BA

If I file I don't know what to file for?

Call your BA

And what if I goto the pAnel and lose

You will never make your 30 days no matter how many chances you get.

Either today or tomorrow will be 10 days

Which is it ??? That a pretty important thing to have right.

why wait if I can make a change

It's good you want to make a change do it on the next go around.

wasent I suppose to sign papers agreeing to these actions

No you don't have to sign anything to be disquailified from driving.

Did You call your BA (business Agent) ? He is the only person that would be able to get you your driving job back if you made your 30 days. Stop asking us question and call your BA if you called your BA.

From what you telling us, well more like what your not telling us you need to go back to PT and reapply for a drivers job when you become eligible again.

rod

Retired 22 years
For starters,stop talking like your from the hood. Go to your center mgr tell him the truth. You were probaly hit by bundle fever..( bundle panic for you newbies ) !! tell him you paniced & didn't think you would make their numbers for the day so you "stuffed them" You know you were wrong and if you give me a chance,I won't stray again and say it like you mean it... The ONLY TWO THINGS YOU HAVE AT UPS IS YOUR SENIORITY & YOUR INTEGRITY !! Your mother gave you the later,,don't ever lose that!!!! Good luck kid!!

It wouldn't hurt to shed a few alligator tears. (just a couple of flakes of pepper rubbed in his eyes should do)