I Gotta Lose The Goatee To Drive? :censored::censored::censored:?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by But Benefits Are Great!, Jun 20, 2008.

1. But Benefits Are Great!

But Benefits Are Great! Just Words On A Screen

Had this goatee for 20 years.... I know, not a big deal, but it really threw me. I can keep the mustache, but I have to lose the goatee by tomorrow. (Note, it is very tasteful, 1/8 inch long.

Bummer - why does that bother me?

2. IWorkAsDirected

IWorkAsDirected Outa browns on 04/30/09

You honestly didn't know that?

3. But Benefits Are Great!

I honestly didn't know that. My wife is more upset than I am!:dissapointed:

4. bellesotico

bellesotico BOXstar

Shave it off..and then just draw it back on during the week :)

5. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Well, you can always keep the goatee and not drive. LOL:its_all_good:

6. bellesotico

bellesotico BOXstar

Good point!

7. But Benefits Are Great!

LOL..

Wife is sitting here at the computer with me - keeps covering my goatee to see how I look. I'm not liking the look on her face.

Between driving & goatee, obvious is the choice. I just seriously didn't know. May I assume it is so we present a "neat, clean appearance"?

8. Tony31yrs

Tony31yrs New Member

I had a full beard or goatee for years while I was parttime. When the opportunity to drive came-the beard went. It came down to "Show me the money." I grew it back whenever I had 2 weeks vacation in a row. The day I retired, I stopped shaving.

9. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

I do the same.

10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Yeah, they don't want you lookin' like Maynard G. Krebs......:wink2:

11. feeder53

feeder53 ADKtrails

I have a moustache and when I went in for the interview I knew that they would not allow anything more. I am in the military too so it is kept within standards.

12. Storm723

Storm723 Preload Supervisor

[​IMG]
    JUST USE THIS WHEN YOUR NOT DRIVING...

13. rwsmith67

rwsmith67 New Member

Benefits, I can't believe you would have to think twice about removing it when you are wanting to go to work so badly for a co. where you will make between $75,000 and 100,000.00 a year and "great benefits", I couldn't have gotten to a razor fast enough! I was a driver for 30 years and now retired with "great pension"!!

14. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

I'm about to shave my head for the first time in 20 years because of my own choice! Imagine how I feel.

15. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

In Florida?? Don't forget the SPF for your newly shaven head.

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

If you can prove that your facail hair is for religious reasons then they can not make you shave it off.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It's your choice--do you want to keep the goatee and stay at $8.50/hr or do you want to lose it and end up at top rate (currently $28.20/hr) after a few years?

18. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I had a goatee for years also. I wish we could have them as drivers as long as they are well kept. If we can have a mustache then why not? I mean mustaches are so 1970s. The thing I miss most about my goatee is how much faster it was to shave the rest of my face. And all I had to do to trim my goatee was run a goatee trimmer through it for a few seconds.

19. BROWN DRIVER

BROWN DRIVER New Member

Lose the goatee, keep the mullett.

20. hseofpayne

hseofpayne Guest

I keep a little "soul patch" under my bottom lip ; shaped like a triangle. I just keep my bottom lip poked out like most everybody else and they seldom notice! When they do, I have a razor in my locker. I hate shaving, but I only have to shave twice a week, got Cherokee or something in me.