I guess the misclassification issues for FedEx goes on

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Actually, Fedex is way out in front of the law with its requirement that contractors own ar least 3.routes.

So?

I'm guessing the government would rather have 3 times as many FedEx Ground workers on government assistance if that's the case. :funny:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Then you have not met my drivers.

Your drivers are exceptions to the rule. You may be the greatest ISP out there, but overall, Ground is a slipshod, second-rate operation that makes the rest of the package industry look bad. The fact that Fred gets away with this charade pulls down the entire industry and cheapens our profession, one which used to be honorable and well-paid. Now, the bar gets lower every day...thanks to Ground. Remember though: "Ground is Good"!! (waving hands, sweaty brow, and too-tight white shirt).

Nick9075

Only if the poverty level is $42000.

Here in eastern Massachusetts or the NYC area, $42000 is really a poverty level wage for a single person. I know how people making the poverty level wages of ground can afford to support a child or worse child(ren)

bbsam

Staff member
generous gov't benefits, large Earned Income Tax Credit, Food Stamp Cards and such.

But Nick, this isn't a Fedex problem. It's a corporate America problem. Corporate America has determined that our labor isn't worth what UPS is paying. FedEx isn't going to overpay for it. Can you really blame them? Changes need to be made, but it's at a national level. I think if anything we should hav far more government assistance at the very least. Just another way to balance the income disparity that has taken place in the last 4 decades.

northbound

But Nick, this isn't a Fedex problem. It's a corporate America problem. Corporate America has determined that our labor isn't worth what UPS is paying. FedEx isn't going to overpay for it. Can you really blame them? Changes need to be made, but it's at a national level. I think if anything we should hav far more government assistance at the very least. Just another way to balance the income disparity that has taken place in the last 4 decades.

More assistance? how about no assistance with a 10% flat tax? everybody pays their fair share and gets off their asses and goes to work. Gov't assistance could be cut in half with life time ban for a positive drug test!!!!!!!

STFXG

More assistance? how about no assistance with a 10% flat tax? everybody pays their fair share and gets off their asses and goes to work. Gov't assistance could be cut in half with life time ban for a positive drug test!!!!!!!

Show the study that states half would be cut. Do your research on drug testing for government assistance.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
But Nick, this isn't a Fedex problem. It's a corporate America problem. Corporate America has determined that our labor isn't worth what UPS is paying. FedEx isn't going to overpay for it. Can you really blame them?

Hell yes we can blame them.

Corporate America and FedEx has determined that it's perfectly acceptable to pay the top heavy brass obscenely high salaries, extravagant bonuses and a huge list of excellent perks regardless of how good or how bad of a job they do. They must think if all the drivers quit today they could replace them with minimum wage help off the street and their never ending party would go on without so much a hiccup.

You're always so quick to defend the upper mangement Sam that I wouldn't be surprised if Fred has you on some secret payroll to be a shill here.

northbound

But Nick, this isn't a Fedex problem. It's a corporate America problem. Corporate America has determined that our labor isn't worth what UPS is paying. FedEx isn't going to overpay for it. Can you really blame them?

Hell yes we can blame them.

Corporate America and FedEx has determined that it's perfectly acceptable to pay the top heavy brass obscenely high salaries, extravagant bonuses and a huge list of excellent perks regardless of how good or how bad of a job they do. They must think if all the drivers quit today they could replace them with minimum wage help off the street and their never ending party would go on without so much a hiccup.

You're always so quick to defend the upper mangement Sam that I wouldn't be surprised if Fred has you on some secret payroll to be a shill here.

I doubt uncle Freddy cares what a few low level express employees or a few contractors have to post on this site