I had a package for pickup, and UPS got the weight and measurements wrong!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bob111111, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob111111

bob111111 New Member

So I shipped a package that weighed exactly 53lbs (box included in weight) measured the dimensions exactly at 64x26x6. The total came to exactly $38 to have it shipped one state away.

When the driver comes to pick the package up, I see that the tracking updated and it showed the package weighed 76 pounds and the new measurements are 71x29x7. This is insane! I had my box packaged up to where I got the total to show at $38. Now because of the drivers measurements, I am now going to pay $110!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way that package weighed 75 lbs. I triple checked the weight. It weighed exactly 53lbs. Is there anyone I can call to get my price reduced?

2. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

No. We get about a half dozen just like this everyday. Customer swears it was this way, when it actuality it isn't even close.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. bob111111

bob111111 New Member

IT WAS THIS WAY. I may be able to get the customer on the other line and have her measure it and weigh it. These numbers are completely bogus.

4. FrigidFTSup

I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The driver isn't the person who measures and weighs packages anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. FrigidFTSup

I do it in my center. Yesterday I had a weight adjustment and I looked at the receiver and the shipper was one of our drivers. He wasn't happy when I told him we caught it.

7. bob111111

bob111111 New Member

Whatever. It's really no big deal at all. I'll just go ahead and place a good ole trusty chargeback and not only get the difference reduced, but ALL OF MY MONEY back!

Two can play at this game!

Thank you all for your time.

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Yeah you show them!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. FrigidFTSup

You're going to lose. Bye.

10. Flasher?

11. FrigidFTSup

Okay @barnyard, we can wrap this one up now. Nothingness Fluff covered it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

You may want to buy a new scale. If you are a tenth of inch over it rounds up on measurements. If your package went through a hub it passed through a dimensional scanner so any fudging of numbers will be caught

13. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

How long did it take you to find the measurements just under the LP surcharge.?

14. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

You seem to have problems with both UPS and FedEx @bob111111 . Is your next post on here going to complain about how the post office screwed you over? At some point you should realize the problem is YOU and not the shipping companies

15. bob111111

bob111111 New Member

Doubt it. I didn't even use my real name, address or number when registering and adding my credit card. All that was needed was for the zip codes to match.

Now that I think about it, I'm not even going to stop there. I've done a little over $1300 worth of shipping with UPS where they pick up the packages all within a 3 month time frame. I'm just gonna go ahead and do a chargeback for all of them. Every single one.

That will definitely show these crooks indeed!

And it will work, no doubt, seeing as I have never lost a chargeback case and have been a member at my bank for 17 years strong!

$1300 of chargebacks should get their attention really good!

Now as I have said..... Thank you all for your time.

16. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

$1300 is nothing to UPS . They spend that on toilet paper at some hubs

17. FrigidFTSup

Lets see, a bank believing you, or a 100 billion dollar corporation that is one of the most respected in the US..... Hmm......

Bye.

18. bob111111

bob111111 New Member

That is very good to hear. They'll have no problem giving it back!

Thank god for chargebacks!

19. FrigidFTSup

Hell we spent a billion on Orion.

20. bob111111

bob111111 New Member

Right, because 100 billion dollar corporations always win their chargebacks.

LOL! thanks for the laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.