I had my first My Choice " Delivery Window" delivery yesterday

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Never heard anything about the window crap. Was there supposed to be a diad training on it?

I'd laugh if I got one of those during my morning skyscraper time. No way in hell I'd be able to drive out to my resi area without a lot of missed business savers.

This is just a bad idea. If someone wanted to prove it to UPS they could just pick a remote area of a rural route (or any route) and send like 6 small packages to a house or neighbors could get together and do multiple houses on a street. 6 deliveries with different 2 hour windows so the driver essentially had to hit that street every two hours all day...although I suppose the same thing could essentially be done with on demand pickups.

Johney

I love those invisible fences-----you can mess with the dogs because you know just far they can go.
Dogs Dave messes with outside invisible fence.
dog.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I love those invisible fences-----you can mess with the dogs because you know just far they can go.
Yes, but it is invisible. How do YOU know where it is? Especially large dogs will charge over the fence, but rarely will take that zap to go back in. My son has one for his huskies. My dog knows where it is and teases the heck out of them. She knows, because she is sensitive to electric. She hates battery operated stuff, and 110. She dislikes solar, also, most of it has batteries.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
At 1100 yesterday I got an alert that 'the Delivery Window is now open' and that I had a package that had to be delivered within the window. I found a package in my 8300 section that was the culprit and drove 30 minutes to the deliver it(residential ground) and 30 minutes back.

These are GREAT! I need about 5 of these a day. I love that much windshield time

Sometime back, the resi-savers were changed to end of day because we had to break off to do them. If we have to start doing this for ground, I think we will need a whole lot more truck on the road.

overallowed

Why can't they just let us do our damn jobs?[/quote]
Because nobody can tell you how to do your job better than somebody who has never done it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The wrong 2 or 3 delivery stops in the wrong time windows could quite easily turn my 160 mile day into a 230 or 240 mile day which would then force me to factor in the location of a gas station to buy fuel at as an additional variable in my delivery order.

Im sure glad that I can count on ORION to figure all of that out for me.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The ones with the E in the edd means the customer signed for the package online and UPS isn't responsible for the package after we DR it. Sometimes they leave a location and sometime they don't.
True, but the E just means the person has signed up online and either has requested a certain release point (without necessarily releasing the package), has released the package as consignee release or in some cases has requested a future delivery.

The first E I had was a future request asking the package be sheeted future like 3 days later. Sometimes I get a message that the consignee has requested release location front door but it doesn't give the message that they have completed the release. I also sometimes get a message that they've released the package but they haven't requested a specific point.

Johney

The wrong 2 or 3 delivery stops in the wrong time windows could quite easily turn my 160 mile day into a 230 or 240 mile day which would then force me to factor in the location of a gas station to buy fuel at as an additional variable in my delivery order.

Im sure glad that I can count on ORION to figure all of that out for me.
Something tells me ORION doesn't factor in the need to refuel.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I like when they tell us where to leave pkg....takes the guessing game (at some stops) as where to leave it
I had a stop in March where I got the damn popup that the consignee has requested location side door for 6 large packages and it was raining so I had to click N for every package I scanned then select porch for each one. Was a real pain in the butt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When the customer selects a delivery location we as drivers do have the option of changing that, if needed. For example, if they select front door but you don't feel safe leaving it there you can always change that and safely DR the pkg elsewhere.

Johney

When the customer selects a delivery location we as drivers do have the option of changing that, if needed. For example, if they select front door but you don't feel safe leaving it there you can always change that and safely DR the pkg elsewhere.
If they said leave it at the FD, leave it at the FD.

bumped

We have a driver that delivered to a house with an invisible fence. The path was worn real well of where the dog went back and forth. Only problem, this time, the driver didn't know the chain had always been wrapped around a tree a few times. The home owner had unraveled the chain, so now it was 4 feet longer. Driver had several deep bites. Of course, driver was at fault.

UPSGUY72

That is a big no no you end up on another list for doing that. It has been brought up on a number of times during are PCM if it say a location you leave it there. UPS isn't responsible for the package and the customer want the package left in a specific location that is where you leave it.