I hate Dish Network!!!!!

Bryon Miller

Man I hate dish network. I need to return their equipment and they don't have any local area's to return the items to. They send UPS ARS tags in an empty box to retrieve their merchandise in. They then charge me if I decide to use those ARS tags. So if they get used, I get billed to my Dish account. I worked in UPS billing for years in the past, I took so many calls from people w/ UPS accounts, I saw them getting ripped off in a particular way that I will now use. Once I get those tags here, I will not be placing them on any boxes, I'm not using them. Dish will bill me $15 outside of UPS directly to my account. I have a good mind to get those ARS tags, take the first 6 digits trailing the 1z, write them down. Go to a drop box, get a manual paper to fill out and put that 6 digit number in the Bill to UPS account # field. I'd really like to set up Same day delivery so they get billed nearly $200 for the pick up alone, but that would be so expensive they'd surley spend the time to try and get the money from me. So I'll probably just do UPS NDA EAM. If they try to get money out of me, I'll just ignore it, my credit is shot already anyhow, they can go friend themselves. UPS will still get paid, I never removed those charges from a shippers bill.

UPSGUY72

Man I hate dish network. I need to return their equipment and they don't have any local area's to return the items to. They send UPS ARS tags in an empty box to retrieve their merchandise in. They then charge me if I decide to use those ARS tags. So if they get used, I get billed to my Dish account. I worked in UPS billing for years in the past, I took so many calls from people w/ UPS accounts, I saw them getting ripped off in a particular way that I will now use. Once I get those tags here, I will not be placing them on any boxes, I'm not using them. Dish will bill me $15 outside of UPS directly to my account. I have a good mind to get those ARS tags, take the first 6 digits trailing the 1z, write them down. Go to a drop box, get a manual paper to fill out and put that 6 digit number in the Bill to UPS account # field. I'd really like to set up Same day delivery so they get billed nearly $200 for the pick up alone, but that would be so expensive they'd surley spend the time to try and get the money from me. So I'll probably just do UPS NDA EAM. If they try to get money out of me, I'll just ignore it, my credit is shot already anyhow, they can go friend themselves. UPS will still get paid, I never removed those charges from a shippers bill.

It appears that you have other issues that you need to take care of...

They are going to get the money out of you one way or the other. If you try to screw them you will never again be able to get dish network service untill you pay up.... If you keep the receivers they are going to charge you for them... It would be easier to just stick the ARS label on the boxes and give them to a UPS driver and move on with your life... However it appears that you like doing things the hard way....

You might want to work on your other issues.....

over9five

Staff member
Man, I'm sure I've seen posts on here of drivers hating Dish Network. Now their customers don't like them either.
That can't be good for business....

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm a customer and they suck. But, being so rural, it's better than the antenna. Direct is even worse. No cable available. What's that song about the one your with? Lmao!!!!

dvalleyjim

Now that's funny. Yep just canceled my dish network for direct TV. Waiting for the box. What a difference. DN had me down to 100 channels for 59.95/mo. Got a much better deal with dT for the same price. I told DN I was canceling and they couldn't care less. I guess when my yr with DT is up and they don't want to renegotiate my contract I'll be going to cable.

dvalleyjim

I'll be watching tv on the internet by then. How about learning to live without tv. I could maybe read a book? Actually now that I canceled ATT just offered me a great deal on a bundle. I think as long as there is still competition in the U.S. theses companies are going to want you back.

I've had dish for about 12 years and I still like it. Never bad to return anything though. They also have their own version of a sling box. I watch tv from my iPhone from anywhere and I love it.

S

splozi

I have a simple solution to all of these problems - quit watching tv. 99% of it is utter garbage anyway. I find more entertainment in regular YouTube shows.

If there's a cable show you really enjoy, you can just download (Torrent) it. Burn it, or put it on a flash drive, and watch it through a DVD player.

$100 ballpark with DTv for their whole house dvr system (awesome) and a grandfathered in east-west coast local channel setup on all the primary channels. Been with them since 95 with no major problems.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have a simple solution to all of these problems - quit watching tv. 99% of it is utter garbage anyway. I find more entertainment in regular YouTube shows.

If there's a cable show you really enjoy, you can just download (Torrent) it. Burn it, or put it on a flash drive, and watch it through a DVD player.
How would I watch the Real Housewives? Especially, NJ?