I hate Dish Network!!!!!

GEFF

Dish shut off my account after a long hassel. My bills were ok, in fact I had a credit due because they over charged me a couple months ago. I also had to return their box and they billed me for that also. Anyone that is thinking of getting their services, you need to think again. They don't care about their signal strength, or how often you lose signal. Their customer dis-service department will apologize ever 30 seconds and do nothing. If you change programing, for $5, like it says on their web site, they will schedule a teck to reaim your dish, need it or not and bill you $99. I changed my programming and they billed me even though no teck came. They are right 100% of the time and you are wrong. Do not do business with them. If you make payments by credit card, they will over charge you when ever they want, and good luck telling one of those non-American customer dis-service jokes what happened. Suppervisors are worse. They must get a percentage for screwing the customers.

GEFF

I does seem that the pay to watch system that we have in this country is rigged against us. I'm close enough to a broardcast area that an antenna is working, but these tv satalite companies need to be regulated by our government. with all this deregulation going on in Washington, we the people have our asses hanging out and we seem to have no say in who screws us. The whole idea of having a pay to watch tv system, was that our money, paid to the supplier, was surposed to do away with commercials. We pay, we get screwed by dish, wrost of all of them, and we still get sponsors. Our congressmen are not doing their jobs. Why are we paying them. Deregulations doesn't work.

Dish is the wrost. Rotten signal, way too many lose of signal, and a customer dis-service system that will give you a stroke. Never do business with them. Any body is better than Dish.

beentheredonethat

I've had dish for at least 10 years. I have had 0 problems with them for that period of time. I lose signals only on the worst of storms. On the few times that I needed service, they came to my house, repaired some worn\rusted wires and my signal was back to a good strength.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
^^^This is yet another reason why Browncafe needs a vetting process or a time limit before a new member can post. This poor SOB probably just googled "dish" and "hate" and found this thread.

Oh, well. Gotta love the interwebs.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I've had Dish for over 15 years and I've never had any problems at all. Before I moved there were 5 TV's operating off 3 receivers.

I was thinking of switching to Direct until I found that Florida has a department attached to the State Attorney General's office just for complaints about Direct TV.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The other day I was delivering an empty Dish Network box and I had a couple of small empty "Joey" boxes that went along with it. Its bad enough to play Repo-man for the receiver, now we get to make three attempts on another device of theirs.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The other day I was delivering an empty Dish Network box and I had a couple of small empty "Joey" boxes that went along with it. Its bad enough to play Repo-man for the receiver, now we get to make three attempts on another device of theirs.

Coupla years ago, I dropped two Dish boxes off at a house. A day or two later, going up the same street, a guy flagged me down and said that the people the boxes were addressed to no longer lived there and wanted to give them back to me. I told him that now he had two, new, empty boxes to store stuff in.:happy-very:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
On those rare occasions when a Dish Network Call Tag results in actually picking up a pkg, it already has an ARS label on it. Well run outfit.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I've had Dish for over 15 years and I've never had any problems at all. Before I moved there were 5 TV's operating off 3 receivers.

I was thinking of switching to Direct until I found that Florida has a department attached to the State Attorney General's office just for complaints about Direct TV.
That's funny, we've had DTV forever and have never had a complaint about them.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Coupla years ago, I dropped two Dish boxes off at a house. A day or two later, going up the same street, a guy flagged me down and said that the people the boxes were addressed to no longer lived there and wanted to give them back to me. I told him that now he had two, new, empty boxes to store stuff in.:happy-very:
The only disadvantage to leaving them is that eventually call tags will come up for them. I have, on occasion, shipped the empties back to DISH. Just for the hell of it. We have to deal with enough of their crap, I take great joy in sending some of it back to them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On those rare occasions when a Dish Network Call Tag results in actually picking up a pkg, it already has an ARS label on it. Well run outfit.

Just curious---what do you do in this situation? I know what the methods say to do---what do you do? I will put the call tag right next to the ARS label and let the boys in the hub figure it out. (I do make sure that the addresses match)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just curious---what do you do in this situation? I know what the methods say to do---what do you do? I will put the call tag right next to the ARS label and let the boys in the hub figure it out. (I do make sure that the addresses match)

so do u scan the ars label and take credit for 2 p/u pieces? I slap the call tags right over the label and its good to go.

upsmanclt

Picked up an alcoholic chain smoking cat ladies dish box the other day. Pkg car smelled of cat urine, gin, and regret all day long.

iruhnman630

Dish shut off my account after a long hassel. My bills were ok, in fact I had a credit due because they over charged me a couple months ago. I also had to return their box and they billed me for that also. Anyone that is thinking of getting their services, you need to think again. They don't care about their signal strength, or how often you lose signal. Their customer dis-service department will apologize ever 30 seconds and do nothing. If you change programing, for $5, like it says on their web site, they will schedule a teck to reaim your dish, need it or not and bill you $99. I changed my programming and they billed me even though no teck came. They are right 100% of the time and you are wrong. Do not do business with them. If you make payments by credit card, they will over charge you when ever they want, and good luck telling one of those non-American customer dis-service jokes what happened. Suppervisors are worse. They must get a percentage for screwing the customers.
Are the suppervisors the people who make sure the evening's meal taste good?

bumped

I don't mind the dish network pkgs. I get roughly the same amount of stops everyday. My back is much more appreciative of lugging up RS3 tags for 3 days in a row. A stop is a stop.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Had some Guy come from the back of a duplex in a bad neighborhood saying that box was his. When I told him it was just an empty box for them to return receivers he said nevermind and walk back around the duplex.