i hate my sup

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We have more damages because we have 12 times more volume than FedEX still we could decrease damages by 50 % if the Evil Empire would reduce the flow & increase allownce times,but !!! that wouldn't look good on paper!! silly me...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have more damages because we have 12 times more volume than FedEX still we could decrease damages by 50 % if the Evil Empire would reduce the flow & increase allowance times,but !!! that wouldn't look good on paper!! silly me...

Which would increase the cost and then FedEx would get half the volume ...
or simply get rid of half the volume would work too..

trickpony1

christian-
if you are going to survive at dealing with management you need to learn the:

"answer a question with a question" game.

It requires a quick wit and being even quicker on your toes.

Always answer their question with a question. This may involve rewording the question they just asked you. This may involve prefacing your question with, "are you saying.....", or "are you implying........". If all else fails, go off on a converstional tangent not even related to the original topic.

There is a frequent management poster on this forum that is quite learned with these skills. Learn from him.

tell your manager you would like to be moved to a different belt or part of the building. If you have to threaten to quit, You will get moved and you won't have to listen to him anymore:peaceful:

christian c

You should have said. You're an Idiot! That would be Damaging a package! Then you should have showed him the difference by picking up a package and moving it( handling a package) Then you should have threw it across the building ( Damaging a package) Then Said " Do you understand or do you need me to show you again" :)

hahahahahah

tieguy

Banned
a convo i had with my sup this morning, verbatim.

part time sup: "Christian, do you know what handling a package is?"

me: " is this a trick question?"

part time sup: "no, do you not know?"

me: "ok, package handling is the act of moving a package by hand, as in i am a package handler."

part time sup: " no thats not what it is. package handling means that you dont break what is inside the package because it makes the company lose money. Do you want to make money or lose money?"

for some reason this really annoyed me.....just venting here....

You didn't understand that at UPS there is only one explanation for package handling? The conversation could have come right out of Dilbert:happy-very:

scoutjumper

Damages are a real problem, and mangement has every right to treat you like an adult and demand that you do not break them. I've had customers who inspect there stuff because they no longer trusts us but let Fedex drop off' sign and leave. While I am standing there waiting for the person to inspect the stuff I just droped off.

bigblu 2 you

i watch sup's every day hanging over unloaders with a watch asking them if they have a sense of urgency then looking the other way when packages fall or drop.if this place ever goes under a lot of managers will be looking at the numbers saying,...well , it looks good on paper?

MobileBA

Maybe you need to work with more due diligence to assure a proper package handling, obvously they defined your fair days work. Time for UPS to pay for your fair days work.