I hate taxes

Slick silver

The taxes getting taken out of my check is getting ridiculous, my over time each week actually mirrors the taxes coming coming almost to a tee. Basically all the overtime and deduction equal out to what my overtime is.

Sent using BrownCafe App

thedownhillEXPRESS

The taxes getting taken out of my check is getting ridiculous, my over time each week actually mirrors the taxes coming coming almost to a tee. Basically all the overtime and deduction equal out to what my overtime is.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Like upstate said.Its only withholding.
You can have 0 dollars of taxes withheld if you wish.

Slick silver

Well it's more with over time pay, not anything else really. I just wish that overtime pay couldn't be taxed since it puts me into another tax bracket.... The more u make the more they tax.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well it's more with over time pay, not anything else really. I just wish that overtime pay couldn't be taxed since it puts me into another tax bracket.... The more u make the more they tax.

How much overtime are we talking about? Generally speaking working fewer than 8 hours of OT per week should not affect your taxes to the degree that you describe. Working 8 hours or more of OT and you are basically giving your money to the government.

STFXG

Come over to the ground side. Contractors pay little in personal taxes and drivers don't make enough to owe taxes!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Slick silver

I worked 10 last week and it basically came out to me only getting a hour of that overtime. The other 9 went straight to Uncle Sam. That's also what I've figured out is somewhere there's that cutoff like 45 hrs or so. Anything past that your pretty much just working for free unless you work like 60 hrs in a week which is obviously not worth it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Lol you and my wife could bitch about taxes for hours. She just started a new job and is losing as much in taxes as what her total pay was at her last job.

I keep telling her many people would love to have her problem. She ain't buying it.

FedExRookie

Change your W4 or just wait until next years taxes. Your current raise in income is taxed at that rate; however, when you file taxes you are taxed at whatever rate for your entire year income. So that overtime that was 'overtaxed' will be refunded.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I worked 10 last week and it basically came out to me only getting a hour of that overtime. The other 9 went straight to Uncle Sam. That's also what I've figured out is somewhere there's that cutoff like 45 hrs or so. Anything past that your pretty much just working for free unless you work like 60 hrs in a week which is obviously not worth it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

A 90% tax rate on OT? I don't think so. Also, please remember that there is no such thing as OT at Express because the incredible efficiency of DRA has eliminated it.

Slick silver

OT at our station now, 2 retired and 1 took the buy out. Heck I don't even have to ask anymore for hours, I just show up. But yeah need to fix something because anything after 45 hours is just not worth it. I am single so that's not helping either, with not dependents so I call it tax and rape scheme

Sent using BrownCafe App

FedExRookie

OT at our station now, 2 retired and 1 took the buy out. Heck I don't even have to ask anymore for hours, I just show up. But yeah need to fix something because anything after 45 hours is just not worth it. I am single so that's not helping either, with not dependents so I call it tax and rape scheme

Sent using BrownCafe App

Holy crap, you get the increases deductions from 'hitting a higher tax bracket' back when you file your taxes.

I hear this argument all the time, do people not understand how taxes work? -.-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sent using BrownCafe App

Are you maxing out your 401K?

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

Sent using BrownCafe App

If you're working 45 hours a week, I'd be asking your manager why you aren't FT.

Slick silver

I just became Ft this week, but I looked at my deduction for everything that's fine. I mean I guess it will come back at the end of the year as part of my refund. It just sucks that when you make let's say 300 in overtime a week then you look over and the taxes for the week are like 260 or so it just sucks so much when u look at in retrospect.

Sent using BrownCafe App