I hate this job that I'm happy to have!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, that about sums it up.

That is a tough situation and is no fun.
Almost impossible to change the job so perhaps there is a solution where you work on changing you.
Could be as simple as buying some self-help books (I've done that in the past) or just try and change your attitude towards whatever it is that is bothering you. That takes some work though.
The worst job I ever had was working in a UPS Region ... those type of jobs were not what I wanted to do. I worked on it and tried to find value in the things I did and became a Subject Matter Expert in certain areas so I could help others in their jobs. But to be honest, I left the first chance I got and went a position on a cross-functional team in Corporate.

Re-Raise

Probably true with a lot of people in a lot of different jobs.

I actually like my job,pay and benefits.

One thing I would change is I would gladly give up an hour of overtime a day to a new driver with young kids who is laid off. I don't really need the extra money and he could really use it.

And I would like to have the time to provide better service to our paying customers. Sometimes I catch myself being an impatient jerk trying to make my numbers look good. But then I remember that there are more important things than numbers.

Brown to Brown

I would love my job again if only UPS corporate and Hoffa got together and figured out this 22.3 thing. It has turned my life upside down. The non-consecutive shifts suck. It is having an impact on my family. Wife is really pissy and nothing is like the old routine.

DS

Fenderbender
Probably true with a lot of people in a lot of different jobs.

I actually like my job,pay and benefits.

One thing I would change is I would gladly give up an hour of overtime a day to a new driver with young kids who is laid off. I don't really need the extra money and he could really use it.

And I would like to have the time to provide better service to our paying customers. Sometimes I catch myself being an impatient jerk trying to make my numbers look good. But then I remember that there are more important things than numbers.

I agree totally...they talk about the customer and safety,:wink2: but its all about getting richer.
I see through it,and I don't care about numbers.

bigbrownhen

Attitude and perspective is everything.

What was the best part of your day, what was the worst? Can you do anything to make either better? If so, work on it, if not , let it go.

DO NOT let the nonsense at work come home with you. Leave it there. See it for what it is.

Take a good look around you. Is the lifestyle you have worth the job? If the answer is no, then you are the only one who can change that.

I GOT ONE MORE

I suppose my profound statement had me expecting such responses. And they were all kind and considerate, having offered some form of support or positive suggestion.

Kudos, for this reinforces my true belief in the constituents of our society, here on Brown Cafe and the general population of our country. Percentage wise, there really only a few bad apples. But, I digress.

I have changed my attitude and view towards "the job I hate that I'm happy to have". I did so prior to the original post. I have adjusted.

I am VERY happy to have my job, it provides for my family with fantastic benefits and pay. I count my blessings.
I perform my duties with professionalism and do my best every day to please the customer and, believe it or not, management. Sometimes they can be your best friend.

And there lays my problem, without going into a BUNCH of details ..... it boils down to the facts of

1) you can't fill a package car over 100% capacity and
2) you can't do more than 1 hour of work in a 60 minute period.

Yet, somehow, someway, it is the drivers fault when the wheels come off such a brilliant plan.... and who suffers, besides the driver? THE CUSTOMER.

I ALWAYS try to put myself in the shoes of management to try to understand the decisions of management, to help me objectively step back and see things more clear. And, most times, I grasp conceptually those choices that are made by leadership.

But, ................................................................................... sometimes, like now, I don't get it. I just do the best that I can and witness the train wreck that happens 2 or 3 times a week, wondering how its all going to end up. I am an optimistic guy, always have been, but my brown perspective withering.

I could go on, but I won't ..................

I suppose my profound statement had me expecting such responses. And they were all kind and considerate, having offered some form of support or positive suggestion.

Kudos, for this reinforces my true belief in the constituents of our society, here on Brown Cafe and the general population of our country. Percentage wise, there really only a few bad apples. But, I digress.

I have changed my attitude and view towards "the job I hate that I'm happy to have". I did so prior to the original post. I have adjusted.

I am VERY happy to have my job, it provides for my family with fantastic benefits and pay. I count my blessings.
I perform my duties with professionalism and do my best every day to please the customer and, believe it or not, management. Sometimes they can be your best friend.

And there lays my problem, without going into a BUNCH of details ..... it boils down to the facts of

1) you can't fill a package car over 100% capacity and
2) you can't do more than 1 hour of work in a 60 minute period.

Yet, somehow, someway, it is the drivers fault when the wheels come off such a brilliant plan.... and who suffers, besides the driver? THE CUSTOMER.

I ALWAYS try to put myself in the shoes of management to try to understand the decisions of management, to help me objectively step back and see things more clear. And, most times, I grasp conceptually those choices that are made by leadership.

But, ................................................................................... sometimes, like now, I don't get it. I just do the best that I can and witness the train wreck that happens 2 or 3 times a week, wondering how its all going to end up. I am an optimistic guy, always have been, but my brown perspective withering.

I could go on, but I won't ..................
Rest assured, you are not alone in that train.