I hate Walmart

Slick silver

Every route that I run since I'm a swing courier, obviously has a Walmart. Every time I go there to deliver I swear it's there on lunch break. Heck it seems you get 2 different 3 hour window opportunities to deliver or reattempt if you are lucky. Needless to say I never make it back by 4 pm. I also gave up on going to the front counter and waiting on a manager. I hate Walmart

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Every route that I run since I'm a swing courier, obviously has a Walmart. Every time I go there to deliver I swear it's there on lunch break. Heck it seems you get 2 different 3 hour window opportunities to deliver or reattempt if you are lucky. Needless to say I never make it back by 4 pm. I also gave up on going to the front counter and waiting on a manager. I hate Walmart

White tag em' and carry on! Every so often I have to retrain them and yellow tag them. They do learn quick though!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's really amazing there's stock on the the store shelves.

Most of the time no one's in the back to hear the buzzer or the one person who has the keys is out on the floor or they're at lunch. The receiving employees all turn into the world's biggest butt smoochers when ever one of the WalMart truck drivers comes in. They must think they're royalty or something.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Walmart is my first stop (other than NDA) every day and, yes, they can be a complete pain in the ass. Ours has 3 doors but 2 of them have trailers on them so we are all fighting over 1 door. We are in no way allowed to bring packages to customer service so if I have any misloads I have to get back before they close or it will be sheeted as Closed.

hypo hanna

Don't you know Walmart is the finest example of the great American success story? Without patriotic companies like Walmart, Lehman brothers, Enron, and FedEx, we would all be speaking Russian and waiting in line for toilet paper.

I must be lucky. The WalMart on my route has two reviving people and always an open dock door. Oh and I don't have to even ring the buzzer, they open the door as soon as my ass hits the dock. Walgreens on the other hand........

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Walgreens is by far the worst to deal with.
The problem I've had with Walgreen's is the pharmacy only deliveries when you get stuck behind some old fart who can't understand anything the pharmacist is telling them (same goes for Walmart too) otherwise the Walgreen's on my route wants their deliveries brought through the front doors. I just do that, find a management member, get the signature and I'm out of there.

Slick silver

I have had a Walgreens that I did that when I use a sprinter I just use the drive thru if no ones there's. Just roll the dice and hope u have a small pack or real small box. You would be suprised doing p1 that it saves about 2 min doing that

whenIgetthere

Walgreens is by far the worst to deal with.

The problem I've had with Walgreen's is the pharmacy only deliveries when you get stuck behind some old fart who can't understand anything the pharmacist is telling them (same goes for Walmart too) otherwise the Walgreen's on my route wants their deliveries brought through the front doors. I just do that, find a management member, get the signature and I'm out of there.

The Walgreens on my route refuses to take anything through the front door, everything through receiving. Needless to say, that is a reattempt a couple of times a week. Tried to deliver a letter to the store manager once after I was finished delivering to the pharmacy, she said I would have to go to the back door. Went back there, rang, waited a couple of minutes, then tagged them. Went back later and the same person answered the door and said if I had waited 15 minutes, she could have gone out back and opened the door. I told her if she took 10 seconds to sign when I asked here, she's already have her package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Walgreens on my route refuses to take anything through the front door, everything through receiving. Needless to say, that is a reattempt a couple of times a week. Tried to deliver a letter to the store manager once after I was finished delivering to the pharmacy, she said I would have to go to the back door. Went back there, rang, waited a couple of minutes, then tagged them. Went back later and the same person answered the door and said if I had waited 15 minutes, she could have gone out back and opened the door. I told her if she took 10 seconds to sign when I asked here, she's already have her package.

The manager was standing right there and all she had to do was sign your Power Pad yet she told you to go around back? Refused.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Fifteen minutes? Where the hell do people come off thinking we have that kind of time to wait for them to pull their thumb out of dark places and receive their crap? Can't say I would have been back later for that one.