I have a couple questions about preloading

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wrong shelf is still a misload but very few drivers would bother writing it up as such unless it created a service failure.
Preload doesn't get hit for it so they don't really care--even if the center manager chews out the preload center manager, they just pretend to agree and laugh as they walk away because on paper they still look good.

EastBrown N Down

I have been told, and have been given papers by my sup (the 12 key methods for improved load quality) to Use enhanced load charts to visualize shelf /floor adjustments. No imaginary "brick walls" between shelves. Snake my load, Heavies and irregs on the floor. These all include changing location of the package. If it were a misload to have a package not where its pal'd to... There would be MANY MANY misloads.. Not to mention the heavy days, there is only so much shelf space, and I use it up like a tetris master. However, I have made it a habit to either tell the driver where I relocated the pkg to, or I leave a note on the seat of the truck. (also, I mark said pkg, or circle the pal.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have been told, and have been given papers by my sup (the 12 key methods for improved load quality) to Use enhanced load charts to visualize shelf /floor adjustments. No imaginary "brick walls" between shelves. Snake my load, Heavies and irregs on the floor. These all include changing location of the package. If it were a misload to have a package not where its pal'd to... There would be MANY MANY misloads.. Not to mention the heavy days, there is only so much shelf space, and I use it up like a tetris master. However, I have made it a habit to either tell the driver where I relocated the pkg to, or I leave a note on the seat of the truck. (also, I mark said pkg, or circle the pal.
Nothing wrong with snaking the load...as long as you keep it in PAL order.

EastBrown N Down

Lets say you run out of room in the 2000 section. The last package that fits on the shelf is 2500, you can put the 2501-2999 on the floor under the 2000 section, keeping the pals in order. That is snaking, or how it was explained to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only been working @ ups for 14 days.

oldngray

nowhere special
Lets say you run out of room in the 2000 section. The last package that fits on the shelf is 2500, you can put the 2501-2999 on the floor under the 2000 section, keeping the pals in order. That is snaking, or how it was explained to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only been working @ ups for 14 days.

Snaking is moving stops to another place in truck - either another shelf or floor - but keeping them in order. Like moving the last stops in 3000 to the front of 4000.