I have a road test tomorrow

AngUPS

I got called up today and they told me that tomorrow is the day i take the road test. If i pass i have to attend school next week from Thursday to Thursday. I just want to know what i should expect. I have tried searching other posts about this but just seem to get the "be calm and drive safe and you will pass" type answers. I just need to know how bad the road test is and what you do in class. For example is there more road tests in class? or any other important info that i should know?

BigBeef42

My road test was 45 minutes driving around town, freeway + backroads.

Dont stall it on a hill. Gun it

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

UPSGUY72

I got called up today and they told me that tomorrow is the day i take the road test. If i pass i have to attend school next week from Thursday to Thursday. I just want to know what i should expect. I have tried searching other posts about this but just seem to get the "be calm and drive safe and you will pass" type answers. I just need to know how bad the road test is and what you do in class. For example is there more road tests in class? or any other important info that i should know?

Just keep the car between to lines on your side of the road. Don't get to close to the car in front of you and go the speed limit. Use you signals and stay calm.

They will have you stop and start on a hill the object is not to roll back. Use you E brake to help you from not rolling back if you think your going to roll back a little. Make sure its working and can hold the vehicle before you leave. Then when they have you pull over and stop on a hill put the E brake on. When you start if the E brake is set right you will be able to release the brake pedal and the car will not roll back however keep your foot on the brake pedal as you would normally do and just use the E brake as help to not to roll back at all. Let off the clutch a little till it starts to catch then step off the brake pedal and give it gas once the vehicle start to move forward a hair release the E brake.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just keep the car between to lines on your side of the road. Don't get to close to the car in front of you and go the speed limit. Use you signals and stay calm.

They will have you stop and start on a hill the object is not to roll back. Use you E brake to help you from not rolling back if you think your going to roll back a little. Make sure its working and can hold the vehicle before you leave. Then when they have you pull over and stop on a hill put the E brake on. When you start if the E brake is set right you will be able to release the brake pedal and the car will not roll back however keep your foot on the brake pedal as you would normally do and just use the E brake as help to not to roll back at all. Let off the clutch a little till it starts to catch then step off the brake pedal and give it gas once the vehicle start to move forward a hair release the E brake.
He gave you great advice. They want to see you're not going to be a disaster when/if they put you on the road.

A little addendum: Your mirrors stick out further than you think. Don't get too close to telephone poles, trees, street signs, etc that stick into the road because you will knock your mirror on them and get disqualified as that counts as an accident. This holds true for driver school if you pass the road test.

Err on the side of riding the clutch and revving the engine until you get used to the truck, rather than continuously stalling.

Don't try to shift fast like you would in a car or motorcycle because these transmissions take a sec to let you shift. Also, when at a stop, after you put the clutch in, don't go right to putting it into gear or it will make a grinding sound.

Make sure you know what's going on around you (check your mirrors regularly) and try not to shift while going through an intersection/turning. If you don't shift in the intersection and keep checking your mirrors it will make you look better to the instructor.

who_better_than_me

Yeah keep speed limit. Prove u can start from stop on a hill. Make sure leave one ccar space ahead of u empty when coming to a stop. I failed my first test and will be retaking it in a few weeks.

AngUPS

Thank you will keep this in mind when i am on a hill tmrw

AngUPS

He gave you great advice. They want to see you're not going to be a disaster when/if they put you on the road.

A little addendum: Your mirrors stick out further than you think. Don't get too close to telephone poles, trees, street signs, etc that stick into the road because you will knock your mirror on them and get disqualified as that counts as an accident. This holds true for driver school if you pass the road test.

Err on the side of riding the clutch and revving the engine until you get used to the truck, rather than continuously stalling.

Don't try to shift fast like you would in a car or motorcycle because these transmissions take a sec to let you shift. Also, when at a stop, after you put the clutch in, don't go right to putting it into gear or it will make a grinding sound.

Make sure you know what's going on around you (check your mirrors regularly) and try not to shift while going through an intersection/turning. If you don't shift in the intersection and keep checking your mirrors it will make you look better to the instructor.
Will definitely do what upsguy72 said and also thanks for the advice about not shifting to quickly because i know i tend to shift quickly in my car.

wayfair

swollen member
Mine was in an old P600,manuel with granny gear, no power steering... I mean it took lots of revolutions to turn the steering wheel to make turns... no fun to work in that is fro real..

I'd say stay calm, try to learn the controls as quick you can, use signals, always apply park brake at every light. Know the direction you will driving at all the turns... he'll "what way are facing" answer either "west, east, north and south"
Changing lanes... leaving your space... using park brake, oh DON'T SHIFT DURING AN INTERSECTION . Drive , change gear quik, drive through

UPSer171

If you are good at driving standard, and know what to do when stopped at hill and also at any intersection you come across. It's easy. Stay calm, listen what they say, and before you know it, it'll be over.